FormatEmail Library

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 3:45 PM
      To All,

      Attempting to use the FormatEmail Library in NTP6.1 with Outlook Express v6 on
      a WinXP Pro SP3 PC.

      Please give me step-by-step instructions for use of the FormatEmail library.

      Here's what I tried without success:

      1. Open a new document in NTP.
      2. Double-click "Start" in the FormatEmail library, and accept the default
      line length format.
      3. Click "OK" on the "Capture mode is now enabled" information box.
      4. Focus on a message in my Outlook Express Inbox.
      5. Press "Reply"
      6. Copy the sender's name.
      7. Re-focus on the original message.
      8. Copy part of the sender's message.
      9. Re-focus on my reply message.
      10 Paste.

      The result is not a formatted reply. Instead, only an unformatted copy of the
      part captured in step 8 above gets pasted into my message. The new document in
      NTP is still blank.

      My guess is that I'm missing a very basic step here, but several variants of
      the procedure above netted no usable result.

      Also, I'm wondering where the formatted text should appear. My guess is that
      the sender's name and selected text should appear in the new NTP document
      which I will then need to copy into my Outlook express message. Is that right?
      Is there a more efficient way to format parts of an email for reply in Outlook
      Express? I really don't want to use a different mail client.

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp