Re: [Clip] Re: Tip: several modeless info windows

  • loro
    Message 1 of 10 , May 10, 2009
      Blaine Clark wrote:
      >Tidy question ... I like to 'tidy up' my code and Tidy refuses to do
      >anything with the <HTA:APPLICATION /> tag and then skips the entire
      >file. The only way I can Tidy is to leave the HTA tag out until I'm
      >done, run Tidy and then plug in the HTA tag with options. Is there a
      >configuration I'm missing for Tidy, or is this work-around the way to go?

      Probably not. I don't use Tidy, maybe it's possible to tell it that
      HTA is OK. But HTA is totally proprietary, so it's unknown to both
      Tidy and validators. A validator wouldn't refuse to work with the
      document though. It would just throw errors and point out that HTA
      and its attributes don't exist "in this version of HTML".

      This all isn't so important as it is otherwise though, since you
      aren't going to put this on the web. Although there could be other
      browsers than IE that are aware of HTA. Works in Opera (but not FF)
      for example. But Opera shows it just as a HTML page, so not fun!
      There could be others too.

      Hope someone who uses Tidy can give a better answer.

      Lotta