Re: [Clip] NoteTab Pro 6

  • Piotr Bienkowski
    Message 1 of 34 , May 6, 2009
      Hi,

      I was able to update to this release through check for updates.

      But when I open an UTF-8 file all Polish characters are converted to
      their ASCII/ANSI equivalents withotut diacriticals, which I consider a
      serious regression. What is this behavior good for?

      Piotr

      Amitava Das Gupta wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > This is about the new release of Version 6, which has not been announced
      > on this list. I heard about it from the Basic list and downloaded it,
      > and incidentally it works fine. It seems, though that the Clip Script
      > Help file has not beeen updated to include the Clipcode additions as
      > mentioned in the Whatsnew file.
      >
      > I am pasting here the excerpt from that file
      > Clip-code additions and improvements:
      > -------------------------------------
      > * New Clip language options added to support alternative code pages as
      > well as saving to UTF-8 and Unicode encodings:
      >
      > ^!Open "FileName" [/R] [/J=nnn] [/C=CodePage]
      > CodePage should be one of the numeric values listed on this page:
      > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd317756(VS.85).aspx
      >
      > ^!SaveAnsi FileName
      > ^!SaveUtf8 FileName
      > ^!SaveUnicode FileName
      >
      > ^!Export "FileName"
      > [ASCII|ANSI|UTF-8|UNICODE][MAC|UNIX][SELECTION|ALL][HARDBREAKS]
      > Added the UTF-8 and UNICODE encoding options.
      >
      > ^$GetLong(ShortFileName)$
      > Converts a DOS short filename to a Windows long name.
      >
      > Perhaps this is not an official release?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Amitava

    • Bob Gorman
      Message 34 of 34 , May 18, 2009
        Sheri wrote:

        > Yes, I don't think this issue has anything to do with updating NoteTab.
        >
        > Your "apostrophe" is an extended character (decimal 146) and the charset
        > is not declared.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sheri

        You are quite right. The 2 events happened at close to the same time,
        and I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

        Bob

        --
        If at first, you don't succeed; Parachuting is probably not for you!
        http://www.KnCell.org