Re: [Clip] Moving things around with clips

    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2009
      John Shotsky wrote:
      > storing into variables anything to be moved

      A very rough draught:

      1) Do a Regex Find with braces to highlight exactly the part you
      mean.
      2) Set a variable to the highlighted part.
      3) Use variables as indicated.

      Axel
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2009
        John Shotsky (jshotsky@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-05-04 at
        07:58):
        > [[[
        > Recipe Title
        > Move Line 1. Line to be moved after Directions 2.
        >
        > Move Line 2. Another line to be moved after Directions 2.
        > Optional ingredient label.
        > 1 ingredient
        > 2 ingredients
        > 3 ingredients
        > Optional directions label.
        > Directions 1. A whole paragraph.
        >
        > Directions 2. A whole paragraph.
        >
        > ]]]
        >
        > After processing:
        > [[[
        > @@@@@ <identifier that denotes that the file has been processed.
        > Recipe Title
        >
        > 1 ingredient
        > 2 ingredients
        > 3 ingredients
        >
        > Directions 1. A whole paragraph.
        >
        > Directions 2. A whole paragraph.
        >
        > Moved Line 1. Line moved after Directions 2.
        >
        > Moved Line 2. Another line moved after Directions 2.
        > ]]]
        >
        > One way to do it would be to store each item, including the final
        > delimiter into variables, then 'print' them back in
        > place of the original. I envision doing that by creating a final
        > variable that contains the entire recipe in the correct
        > order, then replacing the original recipe with that variable. That's
        > quite a bit past my skill set.
        >
        > Later, I'll extend the solution to more items to move.recipes come in
        > many flavors, I've even seen them with the
        > directions preceding the ingredients. I'll always be able to identify
        > and tag these sections, so a generic a solution
        > should work for any of them.
        >
        > To this point, I have always managed to just tag things so they could
        > be moved by another tool, but in this case, the
        > applicable tool will only accept the recipes if they are in the
        > specified order, so that it can recognize them as
        > recipes. Can anyone help? (I have sample files with real recipes
        > available to work with.).

        Question: Are "Move Line nnn. " and "Directions nnn." the actual tags
        found in the original files to be converted?

        Sounds like an interesting text processing job. If you could put up a
        zip containing two files in
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/Help_wanted/ showing
        (1) 3 or 4 source recipes (I'm assuming each file has more than one
        recipe based on your previous question?)
        (2) the source file converted to desired output format.

        I'll have a look at it if someone else doesn't beat me to it :-)
        Axel's suggestion sounds like the way I'd approach it too. Another
        approach that might be workable would be to grab each individual recipe
        (stuff between delimiters) - transfer it to new file/buffer, then prefix
        lines so that a standard sort will move the "Move Line nnn." below the
        corresponding Directions nnn." then strip the created prefixes and
        finally move the revised recipe back to original location.