Re: [Clip] Re: Quick question regarding olding and multiple items..

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2009
      Silverleaf (r_silverleaf@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-05-02 at
      18:29):
      > > > [b]234.[b] Conduct PC Check:[br]
      > > > " Success: See 296.[br]
      > > > " Failure: No Event[br]
      > > > [br]
      > >
      > > I assume that last empty line is already present. Then try:
      >
      > ^!Replace "^P" >> "<br>^P" WAS
      > ^!Replace "^(\d{3}\.)" >> "<b>$1<b>" WRAS
      >
      > Um, I'm not following what I'm supposed to do with this text. I've
      > used Note Tab for 6 or 7 years and just used it as a text/html
      > editor, and haven't the foggiest idea where this is added.
      >
      > If I'm following this text - I'm supposed to exchange P with BR?
      > There are no P's to begin.
      First - update your (free) 4.x version of Notetab Lite to the current
      5.x version of Notetab Lite
      There are some changes which you probably won't notice immediately
      though you might find it interesting to browse through the "what's new"
      file which will automatically be displayed when you first run Notetab.

      The ^P's Axel refers to are tokens which represent the new-line
      separator between lines in a txt (or html) file.
      They can be used in the Find/Replace dialog in Notetab or in Clips
      (scripts which execute a set of Notetab commands)

      The two commands that Axel gave you are intended to be put in a clip and
      executed against a selection of text.

      the first can be executed in the Find/Replace dialog by putting "^P"
      (w/o) quotes in Find field and "<br>^P" (again w/o quotes) in the
      Replace field. This will put a <br> at the end of all lines in the text
      you have selected or all lines in file if nothing is selected.

      The second uses a regular expression. To do it in Find/Replace dialog
      tick [x] Regular Exp. and put "^(\d{3}\.)" and "<b>$1<b>" in Find and
      Replace fields (again w/o quotes).

      Note: in your current version this will not work as you want - some
      changes to the syntax of regular expression were made in the upgrade to
      the 5.x version were made.

      The Find field says look for all occurrences of three digits followed by
      a period and replace them by the same thing surrounded by <b> and </b>.
      btw: I think Axel had a typo in what he gave ... the second <b> should
      of course be </b> instead :-)

      This should get you started.
      If you want to create your own clips start in Notetab HELP file and look
      for the Clip Basics" topic in the index.
      Note if you want to try the regular expression in your current Notetab
      4.95 the equivalent Find and Replace fields are:
      "{\d\d\d\.}" and "<b>\1</b"

      If you want to figure out how and why this does what it does, look in
      the Help for Regular expressions in your current version - but I
      strongly recommend the upgrade to Notetab 5.

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2009
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

        > Note if you want to try the regular expression in your current
        > Notetab 4.95 the equivalent Find and Replace fields are:
        > "{\d\d\d\.}" and "<b>\1</b"

        ...but keep in mind that unlike in the current version (5.8), regular expression processing in 4.95 was slow and prone to crash on a large document.