Re: [Clip] best way to substitute a list of items

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2009

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry I pressed Send before I was finished.

      > > "$<m>" RAWS0
      > >
      > > Starting Document text:
      > >
      > > 3200 Relay
      > > 300 Hurdles
      > > 400 Run
      > > 100 Run
      > > 100/110 HH
      > >
      > > After the replace is:
      > >
      > > 3200R
      > > 300H
      > > 400
      > > 100
      > > 100/110 HH
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Sheri
      >

      > What about this...
      >
      > ^!Set %gender%=^?{Gender is...==_F|M}
      > ^!Replace "(?|\x20(R)elay|\x20(H)urdles|\x20Run|\x20Dash)" >> "$1" AWRS
      > ^!If ^%gender%=M Next Else Skip_2
      > ^!Replace "^\d+/(\d+)\x20HH$" >> "$1H" AWRS
      > ^!Goto End
      > ^!Replace "^(\d+)/\d+\x20HH$" >> "$1H" AWRS
      >
      > Sheri uses (?J) which allows duplicate subpattern names. Just for a change, I tried (?| which allows duplicate subpattern numbers. I hope it will survive Sheri's critical eye ;-)
      >
      > I also tried to solve the "gender problem" that Don described in his first message.
      >
      > Flo

      Thanks Flo, you taught me some things :)

      For one, I thought it was necessary to capture the empty string or the token in the replacement string would be not work properly. For another I didn't even know about ?|

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2009
        Sheri (silvermoonwoman@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-05-01 at
        23:40):
        > Thanks Flo, you taught me some things :) For one, I thought it was
        > necessary to capture the empty string or the token in the replacement
        > string would be not work properly. For another I didn't even know
        > about ?|

        Flo and Sheri - you are both scary good :-)
        Current documentation for Notetab regular expressions: Regex.chm (mine
        is dated Friday, March 27, 2009, 05:08:00) includes:

        (?| - DUPLICATE SUBPATTERN NUMBERS it says introduced with Perl 5.10)
        but does not include any mention I could find of
        (?N option - allow duplicate names

        from the Regex.chm we have:

        In http://www.pcre.org/pcre.txt we have:
        > OPTION SETTING
        >
        > (?i) caseless
        > (?J) allow duplicate names
        > (?m) multiline
        > (?s) single line (dotall)
        > (?U) default ungreedy (lazy)
        > (?x) extended (ignore white space)
        > (?-...) unset option(s)
        I'm confused .... ?
        Unfortunately neither (?| nor (?J appears to be supported in current
        RegexBuddy - I think its still a couple of versions behind in its PCRE
        support / (emulation?)