Re: [Clip] Re: Linefeeds

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2009
      Sheri wrote:
      > Maybe what you think were single line feeds were actually
      > single carriage returns?

      No, when things began not to work as expected I checked everything
      in the Hex view of Totalcommander. The raw files I'm dealing with
      are in the Atari or nearly the CP437 character set. As they usually
      need converting anyway one more conversion won't hurt, so I'm now
      writing caracter 219 ($DB) instead of the 0A.

      I then hit two more problems:

      2) Loaded as Ansi I can easily replace the $DB, shown as Û (capital
      U with circumflex). But in a clip neither the cut and pasted Û nor
      ^$DectoChar(219)$ worked. (^$DectoChar(219)$ as a clip on its own
      writes the correct character into a file though.) I was just
      starting to cry for help here again when I tried the third option,
      and voilà, using Regex and \xDB did the trick.