ClipCode Syntax quit working on upgrade

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2009
      What must I do Sheri? Did we change folders or something?
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2009
        Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
        > What must I do Sheri? Did we change folders or something?

        Guess I just needed to reinstall as it needs to use your ClipHelp.clh
        instead of the standard one?
        Working now.
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2009
          Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
          > What must I do Sheri? Did we change folders or something?

          Okay I lied, it's sort of working ... but not really working. Do you
          need to do an update to be compatible? Never even occurred to me.
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2009

            > Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
            > > What must I do Sheri? Did we change folders or something?
            > >
            > Okay I lied, it's sort of working ... but not really working. Do
            > you need to do an update to be compatible? Never even occurred to
            > me.

            Mine seems to be working fine with the official 5.8 update. I keep the clipcode syntax version of cliphelp.clh write protected, pro updates don't try to overwrite it. My Clipcode Syntax clip library is also still present in the App's Libraries folder.

            What seems to be the problem? Did you try reinstalling it?

          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2009
              Sheri wrote:
              > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:
              >> Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
              >>> What must I do Sheri? Did we change folders or something?
              >>>
              >> Okay I lied, it's sort of working ... but not really working. Do
              >> you need to do an update to be compatible? Never even occurred to
              >> me.
              >
              > Mine seems to be working fine with the official 5.8 update. I keep the clipcode syntax version of cliphelp.clh write protected, pro updates don't try to overwrite it. My Clipcode Syntax clip library is also still present in the App's Libraries folder.
              >
              > What seems to be the problem? Did you try reinstalling it?
              >
              > Regards,
              > Sheri

              I did the official update of Notetab to 5.8 using the update link under
              help.

              When I typed a word, say info, or set, and clicked on the button in the
              clipbar it just made a bell noise and nothing happened.

              I then reinstalled clip code ... just unzipped it over top of my notetab
              directory. Then when I typed in a word, say set and clicked, I got a
              pop up dialog, but the terms were not highlighted like they usually are,
              it was just a generic look up dialog.

              Now I shut down, restarted, and it appears to be working again ... so
              maybe it needed a restart for some reason.

              I'll advise further if I have difficulties.

              For those who have not yet tried Sheri's clipcode syntax clip bar, it is
              the way to write clips. You type a couple of characters of your command
              and hit the button and it will prompt you for the proper info to fill in
              for that command to be in proper syntax. Saves hours and hours of time
              writing clips.

              Don
            • Brother Gabriel-Marie
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1 2:51 PM
                Hello all! I have been a member of the NoteTab NTB group for awhile
                now, but this is my first post on the CLIP group.

                Does anyone have a clip or library for making crossword puzzles?

                Thanks!
                - Brother Gabriel-Marie
              • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1 6:43 PM
                  Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:
                  > Hello all! I have been a member of the NoteTab NTB group for awhile
                  > now, but this is my first post on the CLIP group.
                  >
                  > Does anyone have a clip or library for making crossword puzzles?
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  > - Brother Gabriel-Marie

                  Crossword puzzle makers online:
                  http://www.google.com/search?q=make+crossword+puzzle

                  Lots of them available. I have not seen one for notetab.