Re: [Clip] Re: how to extract data from files

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 10, 2009
      Hi Alec,

      Quite common is the Linux counterpart. But, typically, (probably not
      always) a user's "bin" folder gets tagged on to the end of the path.
      Whoever admins the sys gets to do what they want though.

      al@P5Q:~$ pwd
      /home/al
      al@P5Q:~$ cd bin
      al@P5Q:~/bin$ pwd
      /home/al/bin

      al@P5Q:~/bin$ cat /etc/slackware-version
      Slackware 12.2.0

      al@P5Q:~/bin$ $PATH
      -bash:
      /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/java/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/usr/lib/qt/bin:/usr/share/texmf/bin:.:/home/al/bin:
      al@P5Q:~/bin$

      al@P5Q:~/bin$ head -n 30 ~/.bashrc
      # <snip>
      export PATH=$PATH:/home/al/bin