[Clip] ^!Refresh and file attributes

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 1999
      Howdy all -

      I'm trying to write a clip that changes the file attributes of the current
      file. It's pretty self explanatory but doesn't quite work they way I want:

      ^!attrib +r ^$GetDocName$
      ^!WAIT
      ^!Refresh

      (There's a partner to this with "-r" to make files read-only)

      However, while the file attribute changes on disk, NoteTab does not seem to
      recognize this as a file change, and the file is not refreshed. If the
      file is Closed and then Re-opened, the attributes are correct, but it's now
      "out of place" (it's index changes), and there is more overhead.

      Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
      *AC*

      What ever happened to Preparations A through G?
      I mean, do I really want to trust that part of my body
      to someone who got it wrong the first 7 times?!?
      - Aaron Cammarata

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips