Re: [Clip] How to keyboard macro only within a selection

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2009
      Don - HtmlFixIt.com (don@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-02-26
      at 10:38):
      > you can either use non-keyboard functions if they exist, or work in a
      > scratch document and then reinsert or work on a variable perhaps that
      > is
      > set to the selected text
      >
      > Can you tell me what each line does as I am not immediately familiar
      > with your commands. Or is there a list of commands somewhere? My drop
      > downs under alt+m (modify) then s (space) but what is b? It seemed to
      > highlight the entire document I was testing in ... what is is supposed
      > to do?

      Or describe in words with before and after examples what results you
      want after applying the clip?

      >> Any ideas how to make keyboard operate only within the selected text

      Most times I'm tempted to use ^!keyboard commands it is instead possible
      to use ^!Menu commands instead, which at least have the advantage of
      being human readable :-)
      >> OR substitute REPLACE statements that will do exactly what the
      >> keyboard commands are doing. (I just thought of that idea so haven't
      >> really pursued it yet).

      This is almost certainly possible but see above re before/after example.