Re: [Clip] INI file handling (was:Re: Array)

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
      Alec Burgess wrote:
      > Have you looked at ^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave?

      I had been thinking about direct menu commands, but thanks for the
      hint. I'll go and look into it.

      Axel
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
        Well, with NoteTab there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

        Back in the days BEFORE NT had arrays, we used to create FAKE arrays.

        ^!Set %array01%=January; %array02%=February; ... %array12%=December

        End result, it works just like an array, but you can use STRINGS to
        access the individual elements:

        ;extract the month's 2-digit number
        ^!Set %monthstring%=^$StrCopy("^%date%";3;2)$
        ;use it as array index
        ^!Set %month%=^%array^%monthstring%%

        You'd have to translate the names to your appliction. But you will not
        need the intransparent code to strip leading zeros from a string.

        Eb