Re: [Clip] INI file handling (was:Re: Array)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
      Axel Berger (Axel-Berger@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-02-08 at
      18:46):
      > By the way: The /L /C and /INI switches are a great tool when
      > starting NoteTab by double-clicking or right-clicking a file, but
      > there seems to be no way to start NoteTab first, and then load
      > another ini file or switch it in a running NoteTab. Perhaps i need
      > to place several entries into the Windows Start menu.
      Are you sure?
      Have you looked at ^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave?
      > ^!ProgIniLoad [IniName] (added in v4.6)
      >
      > Loads options from the NoteTab ini file or registry. Optionally, you
      > can specify an alternative INI file (it must exist or else the command
      > sets the error condition). Note that the [AutoLoad] section is ignored
      > by this command.
      >
      > ^!ProgIniSave [IniName] (added in v4.6)
      >
      > Saves the current program settings into the NoteTab ini file or
      > registry. Optionally, you can specify an alternative INI file (it is
      > automatically created if it does not exist).
      From the few times I've used these commands I remember them as being a
      bit tricky to get right, but I'm pretty sure they will do what you want.

      Search Yahoo archives - for example:

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
        Alec Burgess wrote:
        > Have you looked at ^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave?

        I had been thinking about direct menu commands, but thanks for the
        hint. I'll go and look into it.

        Axel
      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
          Well, with NoteTab there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

          Back in the days BEFORE NT had arrays, we used to create FAKE arrays.

          ^!Set %array01%=January; %array02%=February; ... %array12%=December

          End result, it works just like an array, but you can use STRINGS to
          access the individual elements:

          ;extract the month's 2-digit number
          ^!Set %monthstring%=^$StrCopy("^%date%";3;2)$
          ;use it as array index
          ^!Set %month%=^%array^%monthstring%%

          You'd have to translate the names to your appliction. But you will not
          need the intransparent code to strip leading zeros from a string.

          Eb