Re: [Clip] Re: Array

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
      Axel Berger wrote:
      > This is the finished product

      Wrong example, this is the one I meant:

      ^!Set %varDAT%=^?{Datum 6St: =^%varDAT%}; %varSTW%=^?{Schlagwort:
      =^%varSTW%}

      ^!Set %varMON%=^$Calc(^$StrCopy("^%varDAT%";3;2)$;0)$

      ^!SetArray %varMNN%=". Januar ";". Februar ";". März ";". April ";".
      Mai ";". Juni ";". Juli ";". August ";". September ";". Oktober ";".
      November ";". Dezember "

      ^!InsertHtml <DIV CLASS="weiss par"><P
      CLASS="gelb">^P^$StrCopyRight("^%varDAT%";2)$^%varMNN^%varMON%%20^$StrCopyLeft("^%varDAT%";2)$<BR>^P<A
      HREF="/pages/Termine.shtml#a^%varDAT%">^P^%varSTW</A>^P</P></DIV><!--
      end # .WEISS PAR -->^P^&^P

      Axel
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
        Axel Berger (Axel-Berger@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-02-08 at
        18:46):
        > By the way: The /L /C and /INI switches are a great tool when
        > starting NoteTab by double-clicking or right-clicking a file, but
        > there seems to be no way to start NoteTab first, and then load
        > another ini file or switch it in a running NoteTab. Perhaps i need
        > to place several entries into the Windows Start menu.
        Are you sure?
        Have you looked at ^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave?
        > ^!ProgIniLoad [IniName] (added in v4.6)
        >
        > Loads options from the NoteTab ini file or registry. Optionally, you
        > can specify an alternative INI file (it must exist or else the command
        > sets the error condition). Note that the [AutoLoad] section is ignored
        > by this command.
        >
        > ^!ProgIniSave [IniName] (added in v4.6)
        >
        > Saves the current program settings into the NoteTab ini file or
        > registry. Optionally, you can specify an alternative INI file (it is
        > automatically created if it does not exist).
        From the few times I've used these commands I remember them as being a
        bit tricky to get right, but I'm pretty sure they will do what you want.

        Search Yahoo archives - for example:

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2009
          Alec Burgess wrote:
          > Have you looked at ^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave?

          I had been thinking about direct menu commands, but thanks for the
          hint. I'll go and look into it.

          Axel
        • ebbtidalflats
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
            Well, with NoteTab there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

            Back in the days BEFORE NT had arrays, we used to create FAKE arrays.

            ^!Set %array01%=January; %array02%=February; ... %array12%=December

            End result, it works just like an array, but you can use STRINGS to
            access the individual elements:

            ;extract the month's 2-digit number
            ^!Set %monthstring%=^$StrCopy("^%date%";3;2)$
            ;use it as array index
            ^!Set %month%=^%array^%monthstring%%

            You'd have to translate the names to your appliction. But you will not
            need the intransparent code to strip leading zeros from a string.

            Eb