Re: [Clip] Re: if find give a true value?

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
      Oop I had it reversed. So, now, to "un reverse"

      So, perhaps

      ^!Find line here
      ^!IfError Skip
      ^!Goto Special
      ^!code carrys on here

      is what might work since you reported you need it to go to Special "when
      found"

      in the above code, when not found it skips the goto special line.

      when found, it likely will not skip which will make it goto special. | Alan.

      On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Don - HtmlFixIt.com <don@...>wrote:

      > ebbtidalflats wrote:
      > > Try String Position (on selection):
      > >
      > > ^!If ^$StrPos("Special";"^$GetSelection$";0)$>1 SPECIAL else NORMAL
      > >
      > > if the selection contains the first string (Special) it jumps to the
      > > SPECIAL lable, else it jumps to NORMAL (or whatever label name you
      > > use, or OMIT the else part, and flas jumps to next line.
      > >

      > > Eb
      > >
      > I was trying to actually use a regex even though I never disclosed that.
      > Hence the find.

    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
        Alan C wrote:
        > Oop I had it reversed. So, now, to "un reverse"
        >
        > So, perhaps
        >
        > ^!Find line here
        > ^!IfError Skip
        > ^!Goto Special
        > ^!code carrys on here
        >
        > is what might work since you reported you need it to go to Special "when
        > found"
        >
        > in the above code, when not found it skips the goto special line.
        >
        > when found, it likely will not skip which will make it goto special. | Alan.

        aha and duh on me at the same time ... I think this will work. I used
        something very similar over the weekend and yet didn't see this answer
        ... thank you for pointing it out

        I need to test, but in theory I think it works perfectly.