Re: problem with ^!Email command

  • Michael Frascinella
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2 3:24 PM
      Hugo,

      <>I tried including ^!setdebug on before the ^!email command and the
      clip acted like it didn't even see the ^!email command. I also tried
      setting custom program defaults as you suggested but my machine still
      defaults to Outlook Express. Must be a Windows feature -- ignore the
      user's commands.

      I also tried the suggestion in the online help of adding a message after
      the subject line:
      ^!email abc@...;this is subject;this is the message.

      Again NoteTab acts like there is no Email command.

      Does any one else know if there is a NoteTab setting that controls this
      behavior?

      Since I am getting nowhere with this command let me pose this question:
      Is there a way to take a list of e-mail addresses and send the same mail
      to all recipients, but in such a way that I could include the recipients
      name in the salutation? I want to start contacting Senators and
      Congressmen to voice an opinion on various issues but was looking for
      something other than a mailing list.

      Michael F
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2 3:55 PM
        Michael Frascinella wrote:
        > Hugo,
        >
        > <>I tried including ^!setdebug on before the ^!email command and the
        > clip acted like it didn't even see the ^!email command. I also tried
        > setting custom program defaults as you suggested but my machine still
        > defaults to Outlook Express. Must be a Windows feature -- ignore the
        > user's commands.
        >
        > I also tried the suggestion in the online help of adding a message after
        > the subject line:
        > ^!email abc@...;this is subject;this is the message.
        >
        > Again NoteTab acts like there is no Email command.
        >
        > Does any one else know if there is a NoteTab setting that controls this
        > behavior?
        >
        > Since I am getting nowhere with this command let me pose this question:
        > Is there a way to take a list of e-mail addresses and send the same mail
        > to all recipients, but in such a way that I could include the recipients
        > name in the salutation? I want to start contacting Senators and
        > Congressmen to voice an opinion on various issues but was looking for
        > something other than a mailing list.
        >
        > Michael F

        I usually use either word or better yet open office mail merge to email
        functions for such things. Much as I love notetab (and I do), I still
        do somethings with other programs :-)