Re: [Clip] if find give a true value?

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      ^!IfError my_label

      if item was not found, goes to label

      you can check it. note the revised below

      On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:41 AM, dpasseng <don@...> wrote:

      > is it possible to select text, use a find within an if statement to
      > see if the text is found in the selection and if true, goto set place ...
      >
      > Not quite getting it:
      > ^!Select Eol

      ^!Find "Special" CIHRS"
      > ^!IfError Special
      >
      > It goes to special every time, but I would expect it only to go there
      > if the selection contained the word Special (which it does not).

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
        Try String Position (on selection):

        ^!If ^$StrPos("Special";"^$GetSelection$";0)$>1 SPECIAL else NORMAL

        if the selection contains the first string (Special) it jumps to the
        SPECIAL lable, else it jumps to NORMAL (or whatever label name you
        use, or OMIT the else part, and flas jumps to next line.

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "dpasseng" <don@...> wrote:

        > is it possible to select text, use a find within an if statement to
        > see if the text is found in the selection and if true, goto set
        place ...

        > Not quite getting it:
        > ^!Select Eol
        > ^!If "^!Find "Special" CIHRS" = "1" Special
        >

        > It goes to special every time, but I would expect it only to go there
        > if the selection contained the word Special (which it does not).

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
          ebbtidalflats wrote:
          > Try String Position (on selection):
          >
          > ^!If ^$StrPos("Special";"^$GetSelection$";0)$>1 SPECIAL else NORMAL
          >
          > if the selection contains the first string (Special) it jumps to the
          > SPECIAL lable, else it jumps to NORMAL (or whatever label name you
          > use, or OMIT the else part, and flas jumps to next line.
          >

          > Eb

          I was trying to actually use a regex even though I never disclosed that.
          Hence the find.
        • Alan C
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
            Oop I had it reversed. So, now, to "un reverse"

            So, perhaps

            ^!Find line here
            ^!IfError Skip
            ^!Goto Special
            ^!code carrys on here

            is what might work since you reported you need it to go to Special "when
            found"

            in the above code, when not found it skips the goto special line.

            when found, it likely will not skip which will make it goto special. | Alan.

            On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Don - HtmlFixIt.com <don@...>wrote:

            > ebbtidalflats wrote:
            > > Try String Position (on selection):
            > >
            > > ^!If ^$StrPos("Special";"^$GetSelection$";0)$>1 SPECIAL else NORMAL
            > >
            > > if the selection contains the first string (Special) it jumps to the
            > > SPECIAL lable, else it jumps to NORMAL (or whatever label name you
            > > use, or OMIT the else part, and flas jumps to next line.
            > >

            > > Eb
            > >
            > I was trying to actually use a regex even though I never disclosed that.
            > Hence the find.

          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
              Alan C wrote:
              > Oop I had it reversed. So, now, to "un reverse"
              >
              > So, perhaps
              >
              > ^!Find line here
              > ^!IfError Skip
              > ^!Goto Special
              > ^!code carrys on here
              >
              > is what might work since you reported you need it to go to Special "when
              > found"
              >
              > in the above code, when not found it skips the goto special line.
              >
              > when found, it likely will not skip which will make it goto special. | Alan.

              aha and duh on me at the same time ... I think this will work. I used
              something very similar over the weekend and yet didn't see this answer
              ... thank you for pointing it out

              I need to test, but in theory I think it works perfectly.