Re: [Clip] problem with ^!Email command

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hi
      I think you find that notetab would use the windows default email program
      may be easier to set which ever one you to default .
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
        Hi Michael,

        > I tried the Send E-Mail clip in the Sample Code library, it failed
        to open a message window when I selected Yes (insert the + sign). It
        *did* work when I Selected No (no + sign). I also tried the above
        command in a separate clip and it did nothing when I included the + sign.
        Can anyone confirm this behavior? I'm running NoteTab Pro 5.7/fv on
        Windows XP Home.

        I do not encounter your problem, I'm using 5.7 on XP Professional.

        > Second question: how do I tell NoteTab which e-mail program to open? It
        is defaulting to Outlook Express, which I don't use.

        I think you have to tell Windows! Have a look at "Control Panel"/"Add or Remove Programs" and select "Set Program Access and Defaults" at the left.

        Regards,

        Hugo

      • Michael Frascinella
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
          Hugo,

          <>I tried including ^!setdebug on before the ^!email command and the
          clip acted like it didn't even see the ^!email command. I also tried
          setting custom program defaults as you suggested but my machine still
          defaults to Outlook Express. Must be a Windows feature -- ignore the
          user's commands.

          I also tried the suggestion in the online help of adding a message after
          the subject line:
          ^!email abc@...;this is subject;this is the message.

          Again NoteTab acts like there is no Email command.

          Does any one else know if there is a NoteTab setting that controls this
          behavior?

          Since I am getting nowhere with this command let me pose this question:
          Is there a way to take a list of e-mail addresses and send the same mail
          to all recipients, but in such a way that I could include the recipients
          name in the salutation? I want to start contacting Senators and
          Congressmen to voice an opinion on various issues but was looking for
          something other than a mailing list.

          Michael F
        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
            Michael Frascinella wrote:
            > Hugo,
            >
            > <>I tried including ^!setdebug on before the ^!email command and the
            > clip acted like it didn't even see the ^!email command. I also tried
            > setting custom program defaults as you suggested but my machine still
            > defaults to Outlook Express. Must be a Windows feature -- ignore the
            > user's commands.
            >
            > I also tried the suggestion in the online help of adding a message after
            > the subject line:
            > ^!email abc@...;this is subject;this is the message.
            >
            > Again NoteTab acts like there is no Email command.
            >
            > Does any one else know if there is a NoteTab setting that controls this
            > behavior?
            >
            > Since I am getting nowhere with this command let me pose this question:
            > Is there a way to take a list of e-mail addresses and send the same mail
            > to all recipients, but in such a way that I could include the recipients
            > name in the salutation? I want to start contacting Senators and
            > Congressmen to voice an opinion on various issues but was looking for
            > something other than a mailing list.
            >
            > Michael F

            I usually use either word or better yet open office mail merge to email
            functions for such things. Much as I love notetab (and I do), I still
            do somethings with other programs :-)