Re: [Clip] stopping a clip by detecting an unexpected key

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28 8:36 AM
      Don Daugherty wrote:
      > Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
      > I just ran across this thread (I'm months behind in my reading of this
      > group -- hard drive crashes, getting new computer, etc..)
      > Does it have to be the "i", F10 sequence, or could you use a the
      > Shift+Alt combo to trigger the desired event?
      > If so, something like
      > ^!If ^$Calc(^$IsShiftKeyDown$*^$IsAltKeyDown$)$ = 1 ...
      > might do something useful for you.

      Very interesting. Does every key that doesn't enter something on the
      screen when depressed generate a true/false?

      If so, then this raises all sorts of possibilities.

      Thanks Don for chiming in regardless of timing. Thought logged ...
    • Don Daugherty
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 28 12:48 PM
        Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
        > Don Daugherty wrote:
        >
        >> Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
        >> I just ran across this thread (I'm months behind in my reading of this
        >> group -- hard drive crashes, getting new computer, etc..)
        >> Does it have to be the "i", F10 sequence, or could you use a the
        >> Shift+Alt combo to trigger the desired event?
        >> If so, something like
        >> ^!If ^$Calc(^$IsShiftKeyDown$*^$IsAltKeyDown$)$ = 1 ...
        >> might do something useful for you.
        >>

        > Very interesting. Does every key that doesn't enter something on the
        > screen when depressed generate a true/false?
        >
        > If so, then this raises all sorts of possibilities.
        >
        > Thanks Don for chiming in regardless of timing. Thought logged ...

        As far as I can find, only the pressing of Shift, Alt and Ctrl, and
        combinations thereof can be detected. Thus we can use the three you
        have already used, plus Shift+Ctrl, Shift+Alt and of course Ctrl+Alt,
        which we know has already been pre-determined to terminate any Clip
        being executed.