Download photos via links?

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
      I have several hundred (thousands, actually, but in discrete groups) hyperlinks that go directly to photos on the web that I'd like
      to download.

      The Notetab file is simply a list of hyperlinks, where the text of the hyperlink is to be used as the photo name.

      Is this something that can be done using NoteTab? If so, how would I go about it?

      Thanks,

    • Alan C
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
        Hi,

        A clip likely could feed the urls to ftp

        whereby Win native (a command console command) "ftp", in turn, downloads
        the pics.

        http://filezilla-project.org/

        Or, might copy from Notetab, paste the urls into Filezilla to download the
        pics (or, other ftp client app. such as wsftp or cuteftp).

        Or, another way, Perl can read the text file of urls and, in turn, download
        each pic, one at a time, in sequence.

        Or, did you want to do something else, not the downloading?

        On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:54 PM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

        > I have several hundred (thousands, actually, but in discrete groups)
        > hyperlinks that go directly to photos on the web that I'd like
        > to download.
        >
        > The Notetab file is simply a list of hyperlinks, where the text of the
        > hyperlink is to be used as the photo name.
        >
        > Is this something that can be done using NoteTab? If so, how would I go
        > about it?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
          Yes, I want the photos, and I actually have Filezilla installed, but don't know how to command it to download, say 500 photos at a
          batch.and name them as the text under which is the actual hyperlink.

          Maybe this isn't the correct forum to ask this type of question?

          Thanks,
          John

          On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:54 PM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@... <mailto:jshotsky%40comcast.net> > wrote:

          > I have several hundred (thousands, actually, but in discrete groups)
          > hyperlinks that go directly to photos on the web that I'd like
          > to download.
          >
          > The Notetab file is simply a list of hyperlinks, where the text of the
          > hyperlink is to be used as the photo name.
          >
          > Is this something that can be done using NoteTab? If so, how would I go
          > about it?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > John

        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
            John Shotsky wrote:
            > I have several hundred (thousands, actually, but in discrete groups) hyperlinks that go directly to photos on the web that I'd like
            > to download.
            >
            > The Notetab file is simply a list of hyperlinks, where the text of the hyperlink is to be used as the photo name.
            >
            > Is this something that can be done using NoteTab? If so, how would I go about it?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > John

            It may not be the right forum, but clips is pretty sturdy ... maybe off
            topic eventually as we talk about other programs, so I'll copy it over
            there.

            You can create a clip to do it, but I think you will find that other
            tools are better.

            If the links are on a page, you can make a local copy of the site and
            links using httracks, it will actually make a complete archive with
            relative links and clickable hyperlinks.

            However I think even better is this:
            http://www.ababasoft.com/utilityadvance/downloadurls.html

            I recently used it to download a list of urls with great success.
          • Alan C
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2009
              Hi,

              I just sent as per the next to ntb-offtopic@yahoogroups.com

              a way to do what you want to do with/using Cygwin on Windows or with Linux

              It's A Perl script reads a text file of urls then calls wget on each url.

              BTW I not know if Filezilla can take batches of urls or not. | Alan.