Re: [Clip] Newbie - needs help with splitting long lines into multiplelines

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
      "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
      > the shifted backslash key
      > shifted six

      That is assuming an American keyboard.

      Axel
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
        Axel Berger wrote:
        > "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
        >> the shifted backslash key
        >> shifted six
        >
        > That is assuming an American keyboard.
        >
        > Axel

        Well I assumed it would be on any QWERTY Keyboard, but I see I'm wrong.
        Notice I said usually :-) so at least I knew I didn't know ...

        On the keyboard the pipe usually looks like to lines one atop the other.
        On screen it is just a vertical solid line.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_bar

        and

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout
      • Marlon Sherrod
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
          Thanks a lot gentlemen. It worked great. I appreciate the fast
          replies and all the help. I do plan to make this a clip because I
          will be doing this on a regular basis. And yes it is an American
          keyboard from the heartland of the USA (Kansas City, MO)

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
            Hi Marlon,

            How to make a clip ... very simple:

            1. toggle clip libraries on (if off) using f4 -- the library pane should
            appear to the left of the screen on most set-ups.

            2. there is a drop down list of available libraries -- I highly
            encourage you to make your own for your clips, so right click in the
            drop down list window and choose new. You will be prompted to add a new
            Clipbook Library -- call it anything you want.

            3. just below that in the pane (that is now empty as there are no clips
            in your library), right click and choose add new clip, give the clip a
            descriptive name, copy the one line I gave you and paste it into the clip.

            Save it, go to a test document and then double click on the name of the
            clip in the left pane and you should see it go to work.

            If you then want to later edit that clip, right click on it's name and
            choose edit the clip.

            It's that simple to make a basic clip.

            Under help you will find there is a clip specific help section.