Re: [Clip] (unknown)

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2009
      Ron Mccargar wrote:
      > Hi , I'm Ron and I just downloaded NoteTab 5.7 about 3hrs ago and joined the group. I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I might find a current (up to date) javascript library to download .. I've also tried to download the French dictionary but when I tried to open and install it said the Compressed Folder is invalid .. I don't have a zip program .. isn't there another way to download these dictionaries without using a zip file ?
      > Any help would be appreciated
      > Thank you kindly
      > Ron

      Hi Ron,

      I don't know as to the javascript library, at one time there were a
      couple in circulation, don't know how current they might now be. As to
      a zipped file, I guess most people have one, and it's the most efficient
      way to move big files. There are several good ones out there for free
      and most windows machines now include unzipping by default. Perhaps
      some kind sole will unzip it for you and email it if it is of a
      reasonable size.

      There is a lot to like once you learn the program. I hope your first
      couple of bumps don't scare you off.

      Don
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 25, 2009
        Ron Mccargar wrote:
        > Hi , I'm Ron and I just downloaded NoteTab 5.7 about 3hrs ago and joined
        > the group. I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I might
        find a
        > current (up to date) javascript library to download .. I've also tried to
        > download the French dictionary but when I tried to open and install
        it said
        > the Compressed Folder is invalid .. I don't have a zip program ..
        isn't there
        > another way to download these dictionaries without using a zip file ?
        > Any help would be appreciated
        > Thank you kindly

        Ron,

        Google 'zip compression' and find many free zip programs.

        ºvº SL_day# 025 - created 2009.01.25_20.31.41

        I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
        • Groucho Marx

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 25, 2009
          Ron Mccargar (welread@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-01-25 at
          20:35):
          > Hi , I'm Ron and I just downloaded NoteTab 5.7 about 3hrs ago and
          > joined the group. I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I
          > might find a current (up to date) javascript library to download ..
          > I've also tried to download the French dictionary but when I tried to
          > open and install it said the Compressed Folder is invalid .. I don't
          > have a zip program .. isn't there another way to download these
          > dictionaries without using a zip file ? Any help would be appreciated

          Ron, I guess you are using WinXP? I'm pretty sure that Vista includes
          zip file support as part of the OS.
          I'd suggest you download 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
          It will handle zip files and just about any other archive file format
          you encounter on the web.

          I'm not sure quite what you mean by "javascript library" with respect to
          Notetab.
          If you want something to use when creating HTML pages you should ask on
          the NTB-HTML list.

        • loro
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 25, 2009
            Ron Mccargar wrote:
            > I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I
            > might find a current (up to date) javascript library to download ..

            Current I don't know, but see if you can have any use of the older
            ones found here anyway.
            http://notetab.com/java.php

            Lotta
          • welread
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 25, 2009
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

              > Ron Mccargar wrote:
              > > I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I
              > > might find a current (up to date) javascript library to download ..
              >
              > Current I don't know, but see if you can have any use of the older
              > ones found here anyway.
              > http://notetab.com/java.php
              >
              > Lotta

              Thank you ( Don , Alec and Lotta ) for your help ... I appreciate it !
              Vista has no built in Zip file program but I'll download one , I don't
              know exactly how to get the dictionary or any library into NoteTab but
              I'll work on it :-))
            • welread
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 26, 2009
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

                > Ron Mccargar wrote:
                > > I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I
                > > might find a current (up to date) javascript library to download ..
                >
                > Current I don't know, but see if you can have any use of the older
                > ones found here anyway.
                > http://notetab.com/java.php
                >
                > Lotta

                This is the message I get when I try to open the dictionary
                file : 'c:\users\user_ name\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary
                internet files\low\content.ie5\l2cosdtn\french[1].zip' is not valid

                I downloaded the swedish dict without a hitch of any kind and it was a
                zip file too
              • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 26, 2009
                  welread wrote:
                  > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
                  >> Ron Mccargar wrote:
                  >>> I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I
                  >>> might find a current (up to date) javascript library to download ..
                  >> Current I don't know, but see if you can have any use of the older
                  >> ones found here anyway.
                  >> http://notetab.com/java.php
                  >>
                  >> Lotta
                  >>
                  > Thank you ( Don , Alec and Lotta ) for your help ... I appreciate it !
                  > Vista has no built in Zip file program but I'll download one , I don't
                  > know exactly how to get the dictionary or any library into NoteTab but
                  > I'll work on it :-))

                  Vista should simply unzip. Save it to a known location, open it with
                  windows explorer and hit extract all ... and extract to the dictionary
                  folder of notetab. I have XP and it auto extracts as well. Both my
                  vista and my xp machines do this -- oh wait, I "downgraded" from vista
                  ... both of my XP machines do this. I do have a vista at work (where
                  things aren't nearly as important - that's a joke, but we do have vista
                  which I think is also a joke, but that's another argument) and it
                  auto-unzips as well.
                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 26, 2009
                    Hi
                    you have got one of the temporary Internet files it is not the right one ,
                    French.zip and save to a folder of your choice .
                    THANKYOU DAVE

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 26, 2009
                      welread wrote:
                      > Vista has no built in Zip file program

                      I don't remeber where my first free Winzip came from, some bigger
                      package, maybe Netscape, brought it along. But for many puposes it's
                      overkill anyway.
                      I highly recommend Totalcommander for all kinds of tasks, not least
                      FTP and keeping your site up to date and a mirror of your local
                      development folder, and it too can unpack ZIPs. As it is my main
                      file sorting and copying tool anyway I rarely use anything else for
                      the purpose. The trial version is fully functional except for a
                      single nag screen on startup. I believe you'll soon find it well
                      worth the price.

                      Axel
                    • John Shotsky
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 26, 2009
                        Welred,

                        Just use Vista's file Explorer. Place your zip file in a folder on your hard drive, then browse to the zip file on the LEFT side
                        (tree view), but don't double click it.it acts as if it is a folder itself. In fact, it will have a little zipper on the zip file
                        icon. Single click it and then you'll see the files on the RIGHT side. Highlight them and drag them to a location of your choosing.
                        I usually drag them to the same folder the zip file is in.

                        If you have trouble, either use Explorer's help system, or google for Zip files vista. But this is really just like moving files
                        from one folder to another, so no separate zip tool is needed.

                        John