Re: [Clip] Re: delete files containing a search term

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 17, 2009
      Sheri (silvermoonwoman@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-01-17 at
      23:41):
      > I guess I missed that conversation, but I like that clip! FWIW I just
      > changed it a little. Now has last previous command if reused, and
      > keeps the redirection behind the scene.
      >
      > H="GetDOSOutput"
      > ^!IfEmpty "^%theCommand%" Next Else Skip
      > ^!Set %theCommand%="dir "C:\""
      > ^!set %theCommand%=^?{Dos command=^%theCommand%}
      > ^!InsertText ^%theCommand% 2>&1^p
      > ^$GetDosOutput("^%theCommand%" 2>&1)$
      > ;end of clip

      Hi Sherri - you're up late ;-)

      Good idea ... DONE

      I substituted %theCommand% by %theDosCommand% only because my habit is
      frequently
      to use variables like %theFile%, %theBuffer" etc. and some day I'm bound
      to wind up with a conflict!

      I had briefly considered putting past commands into either the main INI
      file or a separate one to simulate the same
      capabilities the Find/Replace dialog has but never got-a-round-tuit.

      Flo?