Re: getpath

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2009
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > this may seem a stupid question but if I have a folder
      > E:\CDcovers ,how do I replace the E:\ ,there is no getpath ,if
      > the pat. does change the clip will fail ??
      >
      > ^!^$GetAppPath$exiftool -xptitle="^%ARTIST%" "E:\CDcovers\^%title%.jpg"
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE M

      You could define your own variable for the drive letter or path to
      CDcovers.

      e.g.,
      ^!Set %CDCovers%="E:\CDCovers\"

      Then substitute the variable name instead of the fixed path where that
      is needed, e.g.,

      ^!^$GetAppPath$exiftool -xptitle="^%ARTIST%" "^%CDCovers%^%title%.jpg"

    • mblattyh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2009
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > this may seem a stupid question but if I have a folder E:\CDcovers
        ,how do I
        > replace the E:\ ,there is no getpath ,if the pat. does change the
        clip will
        > fail ??
        >
        > ^!^$GetAppPath$exiftool -xptitle="^%ARTIST%" "E:\CDcovers\^%title%.jpg"
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE M

        If I understand what you're trying to do, you can extract the drive
        letter part of the path with the $StrCopyLeft$ function.

        I have a clip where I want to be able to do something with the active
        file, regardless of which drive it is on. I only need the drive
        letter and the colon, and not the backslash, so part of that clip is:

        ^!Set %driveletter%=^$StrCopyLeft(^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$;2)$

        Mike