getpath

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2009
      Hi
      this may seem a stupid question but if I have a folder E:\CDcovers ,how do I
      replace the E:\ ,there is no getpath ,if the pat. does change the clip will
      fail ??

      ^!^$GetAppPath$exiftool -xptitle="^%ARTIST%" "E:\CDcovers\^%title%.jpg"

      THANKYOU DAVE M
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2009
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > this may seem a stupid question but if I have a folder
        > E:\CDcovers ,how do I replace the E:\ ,there is no getpath ,if
        > the pat. does change the clip will fail ??
        >
        > ^!^$GetAppPath$exiftool -xptitle="^%ARTIST%" "E:\CDcovers\^%title%.jpg"
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE M

        You could define your own variable for the drive letter or path to
        CDcovers.

        e.g.,
        ^!Set %CDCovers%="E:\CDCovers\"

        Then substitute the variable name instead of the fixed path where that
        is needed, e.g.,

        ^!^$GetAppPath$exiftool -xptitle="^%ARTIST%" "^%CDCovers%^%title%.jpg"

      • mblattyh
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2009
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > this may seem a stupid question but if I have a folder E:\CDcovers
          ,how do I
          > replace the E:\ ,there is no getpath ,if the pat. does change the
          clip will
          > fail ??
          >
          > ^!^$GetAppPath$exiftool -xptitle="^%ARTIST%" "E:\CDcovers\^%title%.jpg"
          >
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          If I understand what you're trying to do, you can extract the drive
          letter part of the path with the $StrCopyLeft$ function.

          I have a clip where I want to be able to do something with the active
          file, regardless of which drive it is on. I only need the drive
          letter and the colon, and not the backslash, so part of that clip is:

          ^!Set %driveletter%=^$StrCopyLeft(^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$;2)$

          Mike