Re: [Clip] Re: help getting started on clip: if find content in file delete parent folder

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 15, 2008
      Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
      > Actually the first list are just files I need to delete.

      Got my list into a document then used the following:

      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      :Loop
      ^!Select Eol
      ^!Set %file%="^$GetSelection$"
      ^!DestroyDoc "^%file%"
      ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" End
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!Goto loop

      8447 files in 12 minutes with screen update ON. Now history! Thank you
      noteTAB.

      Pretty impressive.

      My next clean up question then is do I get the files I want with
      content, delete those files using this same method, leaving empty
      folders and then used the suggested utility to remove empty folders
      (something I might should do anyway on my machine), or do I get the list
      and use it to somehow delete the folders with comments in one fell swoop
      .... hmmm