[Clip] Easy Hyperlink Forward & Back

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 1999
      This discussion has been private but thought the clip might
      be useful to others so decided to post here.

      --- Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

      3/31/1999 11:19 AM Dennis Cummins wrote
      > On 31 Mar 99, 15:57 Jody wrote:
      >> There is certainly a lot of power using hypers, but not
      >> simplicity for the user that only wants to jump back
      >> where he was like a browser and not want to add 1000s
      >> jumps to get back there.

      > That is exactly the problem. A *simple* button or right
      > click choice would be great.

      If you use this clip to go to a hyperlink, the same clip
      will take you back as long as your cursor isn't on a new
      hyperlink.

      --------------------
      H=k_Fwd_Back
      ; requires 4.60 GrandmaK
      ^!Select HYPERLINK
      ^!IfError Back
      ; long line - watch for word wrap
      ^!SetArray %bk%=^$GetDocIndex$;^$GetTopicIndex$;^$GetRow$;^$GetCol$
      ; end long line
      ^!Toolbar Open Document Link
      ^!Goto Done

      :Back
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%bk1%
      ^!SetTopicIndex ^%bk2%
      ^!SetCursor ^%bk3%:^%bk4%

      :Done
      ^!FocusDoc

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • Dennis Cummins
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 31, 1999
        HI Kay,

        This clip does not appear to be working for me.

        Dennis

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 31, 1999
          Hi Dennis,

          >This clip does not appear to be working for me.

          >> H=k_Fwd_Back
          >> ; requires 4.60 GrandmaK

          It is working for me. You have to place your cursor in a
          [hyperlink] and click the clip. It will take you to wherever
          the link goes to. when you want to return just click the
          clip. Good work Granny. Still not as good as a back and
          forward button would be with multilevel though. :)

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/
          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611/
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
        • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
            Kay Roath <notetab@...> wrote:

            >If you use this clip to go to a hyperlink, the same clip
            >will take you back as long as your cursor isn't on a new
            >hyperlink.

            This minor improvement allows you to backup multiple steps.

            H=wmv_Fwd_Back
            ; requires 4.60 GrandmaK, WayneMV
            ^!Select HYPERLINK
            ^!IfError Back
            ; long line - watch for word wrap
            ^!SetArray %bk%=^$GetDocIndex$;^$GetTopicIndex$;^$GetRow$;^$GetCol$
            ; end long line
            ^!Inc %p_StackSize%
            ^!Set %Stack^%p_StackSize%%=^%bk%
            ^!Toolbar Open Document Link
            ^!Goto Done

            :Back
            ^!If ^%p_StackSize% < 1 Done
            ^!SetArray %bk%="^%Stack^%p_StackSize%%"
            ^!ClearVariable %Stack^%p_StackSize%%
            ^!Dec %p_StackSize%

            ^!SetDocIndex ^%bk1%
            ^!SetTopicIndex ^%bk2%
            ^!SetCursor ^%bk3%:^%bk4%

            :Done
            ^!FocusDoc

            Known Issues:

            1. Going forward a lot, without going back, could create
            a lot of variables and waste memory.

            2. You have to move the cursor away from the link to
            backup multiple steps. This could be solved by
            making the "Back" portion its own clip.

            3. Doesn't have a "Forward" button - but one could
            easily be added.

            4. Only works if links are navigated by using the
            clip. Ctrl-clicking a link doesn't remember it.

            --
            Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
            ICQ: 15117288

            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
          • Erno Mijland
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
              Tabbers,

              If you need a simple clip to let users of your site jump back why not use a
              small Javascript combined with a FORM:

              <FORM METHOD="POST">
              <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="^?[button text]" onClick=history.back()>
              </FORM>

              Erno Mijland

              ===================
              Nu ook op ICQ #33823182

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
                Hi Wayne and All,

                This works pretty good. I do not like having to have the clipbook and
                outline window open at the same time however. I think it would be really
                great to just have a forward/back button we could put on the toolbar or
                have it on the right click menu when navigating through these very large
                outlines.

                Dennis

              • Lawrence R. Thomas
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
                  Hi Dennis,

                  At 01:06 PM 4/1/1999 -0600, you wrote:
                  >Hi Wayne and All,
                  >
                  >This works pretty good. I do not like having to have the clipbook and
                  >outline window open at the same time however. I think it would be really
                  >great to just have a forward/back button we could put on the toolbar or
                  >have it on the right click menu when navigating through these very large
                  >outlines.

                  I would prefer having 5 to 10 assignable toolbar buttons that we could
                  click to run specific clips that are used on a regular basis without
                  opening the clipbook or using the In-Context menu to launch the clips.

                  Regards,

                  Larry
                  larryt@...

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 1, 1999
                    Hi Larry,

                    On 1 Apr 99, 13:47 Lawrence R. Thomas wrote:

                    > I would prefer having 5 to 10 assignable toolbar buttons that we could
                    > click to run specific clips that are used on a regular basis without
                    > opening the clipbook or using the In-Context menu to launch the clips.
                    >
                    > Regards,

                    Yep that would be nice also.<G>

                    Dennis

                    eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips