Re: changed from nt-NTO

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

      > today I cannot add a clip to a library or delete a clip from a
      library. Last week I could. When I click on add from the clipboard,
      and I had a clip on the clipboard nothing happened, nothing. Same when
      I clicked on a clip in a library and selected Delete. Nothing. And
      this os is Vista, where do I find user/settings/applications data. And
      I am still using Notetab Pro 4.95

      4.95 is not Vista-ready. It would be best to upgrade.

      In 4.95 NoteTab's ini file and clip libraries are stored in the
      NoteTab application folder, which in normal circumstances is under
      Program Files. Vista does not allow programs to write in Program Files
      area. If you're determined to stay with 4.95, the easiest thing would
      probably be to move the NoteTab application folder out of Program
      Files and into My Documents. Otherwise you will need to change the
      properties of Notepro.exe (compatibility) so that it "Always Runs as
      Administrator". You would probably also to log in as an adminstrator
      to use the program.
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
        Hi Ed,

        Generally, you're talking about a clip library, so stretch the point
        and call this the correct forum. Even if most of my suggestions are
        more OS related, than NoteTab.

        Three DIFFERENT suggestions to try:

        1. See if the file is open in another application
        Just selecting a file in the explorer will prevent
        you from deleting it in NoteTab.

        2. In NoteTab, Documents menu, click the read-only entry.
        Now see if you can edit the file and save it.
        Perhaps you can save it to a different name?
        a. At best you'll have a working library
        b. at worst you'll have TWO files you can't delete.

        3. Check the owner of the file (administrator ?)
        Change to the owner account, and delete the file.

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

        > Edward wrote:
        > > I have a library, "MY CLIPS 2" that is corrupted and I would like
        to delete the Library. But it won't let me. Maybe a read only thing,
        how do I remove the read only and make so that I can make changes to
        it or delete the thing. Is there a ntb-General list for questions
        relating to Notetab in General?