changed from nt-NTO

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008

      Don wrote:
      >Ed, a library would be under clips.

      >The issue is possibly one of write permissions or location, depending on
      what you are trying to do.

      >Try adding a clip to the library. If you can then I believe you have
      proper permissions.

      >The next issue is figuring out where it is. Most are now under user
      settings/application data instead of in the notetab folder as you might
      expect.

      Don,
      today I cannot add a clip to a library or delete a clip from a library. Last week I could. When I click on add from the clipboard, and I had a clip on the clipboard nothing happened, nothing. Same when I clicked on a clip in a library and selected Delete. Nothing. And this os is Vista, where do I find user/settings/applications data. And I am still using Notetab Pro 4.95
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Edward wrote:
        > today I cannot add a clip to a library or delete a clip from
        > a library. Last week I could.

        Have you run scandisk? This sounds like corruption.

        Axel
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

          > today I cannot add a clip to a library or delete a clip from a
          library. Last week I could. When I click on add from the clipboard,
          and I had a clip on the clipboard nothing happened, nothing. Same when
          I clicked on a clip in a library and selected Delete. Nothing. And
          this os is Vista, where do I find user/settings/applications data. And
          I am still using Notetab Pro 4.95

          4.95 is not Vista-ready. It would be best to upgrade.

          In 4.95 NoteTab's ini file and clip libraries are stored in the
          NoteTab application folder, which in normal circumstances is under
          Program Files. Vista does not allow programs to write in Program Files
          area. If you're determined to stay with 4.95, the easiest thing would
          probably be to move the NoteTab application folder out of Program
          Files and into My Documents. Otherwise you will need to change the
          properties of Notepro.exe (compatibility) so that it "Always Runs as
          Administrator". You would probably also to log in as an adminstrator
          to use the program.
        • ebbtidalflats
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
            Hi Ed,

            Generally, you're talking about a clip library, so stretch the point
            and call this the correct forum. Even if most of my suggestions are
            more OS related, than NoteTab.

            Three DIFFERENT suggestions to try:

            1. See if the file is open in another application
            Just selecting a file in the explorer will prevent
            you from deleting it in NoteTab.

            2. In NoteTab, Documents menu, click the read-only entry.
            Now see if you can edit the file and save it.
            Perhaps you can save it to a different name?
            a. At best you'll have a working library
            b. at worst you'll have TWO files you can't delete.

            3. Check the owner of the file (administrator ?)
            Change to the owner account, and delete the file.

            Cheers,

            Eb