Re: NAND per sand (NOT Ampersand)

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008

      > Which command in his clip is producing the output of
      > paragraph #2 to #3 of the Sample Text clip?

      It is not a command producing the output -- it is the lines of text
      with no commands that exist in the test clip after expansion of
      ^%temp% variable.

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
        Thanks, I'll give this a try out of curiosity.

        I gather you are suggesting that ^& will not stumble over the newlines.

        On the other hand, using ^%temp% as global variable (no ^&),
        it works too.

        Eb

        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks Sheri,
        > >
        > > It never ocurred to me that NoteTab sees the argument as multi-line.
        > >

        > > Regards,
        > >

        > > Eb
        >
        > NoteTab has functions to use and remove tokens.
        >
        > If in Test_Manager you change the call to this:
        >
        > ^!SetArray %article%="^$StripDoubleBlankLines(^$usetokens(^%temp%)$)$"
        >
        > and in ^$StripDoubleBlankLines$ make this change:
        >
        > ^!Set %arg%=^$RemoveTokens(^&)$
        >
        > I think it will do what you were expecting.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sheri

      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
          Flo,

          You're right, I did not provide for visible output in the demo.
          I guess I should have done so to remove ambiguity.

          The test manager clip stored the output of the UDF in the array
          variable "article".

          Whenever the UDF pasted to the current doc, it was an ERROR. Which I
          wanted to demonstrate.