Old signature clip will not work

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
      H="Make eds_Sigline;
      ;Modified-Updated~Created_20060203;
      ;hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:01:54a;
      ;this clip should be universally useful siglines.;
      ;when used with a properly formatted text file named;
      ; - 'siglines.txt' placed in the NoteTab main folder.
      ^!ClearVariables
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
      ^!SetArray %siglines%="^$GetFileText(^$GetAppPath$eds_siglines.txt)$"
      ^!Set %sigline%=^%siglines^[d^]%
      ^!Set %sigline%="^$StrReplace("¤";"^p";"^%sigline%";0;0)$"
      ^!TextToFile "^$GetAppPath$eds_Daily Sigline" ^%nl%^%sigline%^%nl%
      ;^!Info [L]^%nL%^$GetFileText("^$GetAppPath$eds_Daily Sigline")$

      Several hard drives ago, this was use to change daily my signature on
      my email. Now for some reason it will not work. I am using XP and Vista
      and it does not seem to work on either of them. I may have forgotten
      where I was supposed to have put the list of signatures and the
      correct number of sigs permitted. I thinki it was either 30 or 31. On
      one computer it is installed inside of Notebook Pro and the other it is
      in Notebook Light.
      any help will be appreciated
      Ed Brown
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
        ^!Info ^$GetFileText(^$GetAppPath$eds_siglines.txt)$

        See what that shows you. I suspect that the file is not where you think
        it is.
      • Edward
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
          how do I give it the path to the sigline.txt
          ^!Info ^$GetFileText(^$GetAppPath$eds_siglines.txt)$

          See what that shows you. I suspect that the file is not where you think
          it is.

        • loro
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
            At 01:39 2008-11-22, Edward wrote:
            >how do I give it the path to the sigline.txt

            This line.
            ^!SetArray %siglines%="^$GetFileText(^$GetAppPath$eds_siglines.txt)$"

            Specifically this part that gets the text from the sig file.
            ^$GetFileText(^$GetAppPath$eds_siglines.txt)$"

            ^$GetAppPath$ reurns the path to Notatab's program folder. So at one
            point you kept your sig file there and it was called
            "eds_siglines.txt". Either place it there again or hardcode the path
            to where you have it within the parenthesis.

            ^$GetFileText(C:\path\to\sigs.txt)$

            Lotta
          • Edward
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
              OK, I think that I have that, but what sets in to operation each day?

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
                Edward wrote:
                >OK, I think that I have that, but what sets in to operation each day?

                This I think.
                ^!Set %sigline%=^%siglines^[d^]%

                ^[d^] returned today's date (22 for me). The whole expression returns
                the 22nd value of the array - today's sig. So I guess you need to
                have 31 different sigs in that file.

                Lotta
              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 21, 2008
                  loro wrote:
                  > Edward wrote:
                  >> OK, I think that I have that, but what sets in to operation each day?
                  >
                  > This I think.
                  > ^!Set %sigline%=^%siglines^[d^]%
                  >
                  > ^[d^] returned today's date (22 for me). The whole expression returns
                  > the 22nd value of the array - today's sig. So I guess you need to
                  > have 31 different sigs in that file.
                  >
                  > Lotta

                  Edward, Lotta,

                  ^%siglines^[d^]% determines the day of the month, but, I think Ed was
                  asking how to initiate a new sigline each day and in this case you can
                  manually run the clip or create an 'OnOpen' clip to run when a
                  particular clipbook is selected or, use command line parameters to run
                  the clip when NoteTab is started.

                  CommandLine example; /L="ClipName:Make eds_Sigline"

                  ºvº SL_326 created_2008.11.21_10.53.35

                  What is a Yankee? -
                  • The same as a quickie, but a guy can do it alone.
                  € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 22, 2008
                    Hi
                    this may seem odd but the first few lines tell you where
                    this clip should be universally useful siglines when used with a properly
                    formatted text file named
                    'siglines.txt' placed in the NoteTab main folder.
                    THANKYOU DAVE M