Re: [Clip] Using Math Functions in Notetab

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2008
      loro wrote:
      > Don wrote:
      >> I found this post by Larry and it's worth bringing it to the front:
      >>
      >> I think I will find my answer somehow using:
      >> RANDOM(y-x)+x
      >>
      >> .... hmmmm
      >
      > I think it's random(range)+start. Where 'range' is how many numbers
      > it should span and start is the lowest number. So the highest number
      > is start+range...For example to get numbers between 1 and 10 (or
      > 9.99... dunno) this works.
      >
      > ^!Info ^$calc(RND(9)+1)$
      >
      > Don, didn't we talk about this once before? Of course, I don't find
      > anything now...
      >
      > Lotta

      I suspect we did. I spend a lot of time in the archives. The search
      function leaves a lot to be desired.

      See my subsequent email. RND seemed to do it. I don't know what RANDOM
      actually does. I was really glad to find the one email again so I
      wanted to be sure I linked to it to bring it forward again.