[Clip] Re: Line frequency analysis.

  • Flo
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 8, 2008

      > Indeed that pattern (Flo:^$GetDocReplaceAll("\s+|(?<=.)\z";"\r\n")$
      > matches in the middle of \r\n. So after replacement, we end up with
      > \r\n\n...The reason it makes no difference...

      Yes, I can see now what happens here. I think your explanation is in
      better accordance with the PCRE Documentation than the NoteTab Help
      on RegEx. The latter says: "$ assert end of string (or line, in
      multiline mode)".

      The PCRESYNTAX Documentation from PCRE 7.7 is more detailed: "$ end
      of subject, also before newline at end of subject, also before
      internal newline in multiline mode."

      Thanks again, Sheri! I can clearly see the difference now and
      why "^$GetDocReplaceAll("\s+|(?<=.)\z";"\r\n")$" doesn't affect the
      result.

      Flo