Peculiarity with Modify Block

  • loro
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2008
      Hi,

      I faintly recall this has been discussed before, but I don't find it.
      Problem: if you want to copy/cut/delete the rightmost column and that
      column is only 1 character wide, nothing happens. Why?

      Lotta
    • Chuck Seward
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 7, 2008
        Is it possible the 1 character is a tab? I've found that the block
        capabilities aren't too happy with tabs as opposed to spaces.
        Chuck
        ___________________________
        http://urlkiss.com/03w?HomePort
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/chuckseward
        http://pyr8hd.blogspot.com/

        On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 23:41, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I faintly recall this has been discussed before, but I don't find it.
        > Problem: if you want to copy/cut/delete the rightmost column and that
        > column is only 1 character wide, nothing happens. Why?
        >
        > Lotta

      • loro
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7, 2008
          Hi,

          Chuck Seward wrote:
          >Is it possible the 1 character is a tab? I've found that the block
          >capabilities aren't too happy with tabs as opposed to spaces.

          No, it can be anything. Take the below, you can't do anything with
          the X column. Or maybe I should say I can't.

          000000X
          000000X
          000000X
          000000X

          Lotta
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2008
            loro wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Chuck Seward wrote:
            >
            >> Is it possible the 1 character is a tab? I've found that the block
            >> capabilities aren't too happy with tabs as opposed to spaces.
            >>

            > No, it can be anything. Take the below, you can't do anything with
            > the X column. Or maybe I should say I can't.
            >
            > 000000X
            > 000000X
            > 000000X
            > 000000X
            >
            > Lotta

            Cut and Delete don't, but Copy and Sum work for me.

          • loro
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 7, 2008
              Sheri wrote:
              >Cut and Delete don't, but Copy and Sum work for me.

              Sheri, you are right. I got things confused. Cut and Delete it is. Copy works.

              I can't figure out if there is a reason for this behavior.

              Lotta
            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 7, 2008
                loro wrote:
                > Sheri wrote:
                >
                >> Cut and Delete don't, but Copy and Sum work for me.
                >>

                > Sheri, you are right. I got things confused. Cut and Delete it is. Copy works.
                >
                > I can't figure out if there is a reason for this behavior.
                >
                > Lotta

                Do you mean a "good" reason?

                'cause I sure can't think of any. :D
              • loro
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 7, 2008
                  Sheri wrote:
                  >Do you mean a "good" reason?
                  >
                  >'cause I sure can't think of any. :D

                  I was trying to avoid the B word! ;-o) But I guess there could be
                  some obscure technical reason. Maybe.

                  I guess I've never needed to copy a one character rightmost column
                  before, because this "problem" is there in 4.95 too.

                  Lotta
                • loro
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 8, 2008
                    Forgot this may be of interests to others than myself... it was
                    confirmed this is a bug and Eric said it will be fixed in the next
                    program update.

                    Lotta
                  • Don Daugherty
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 27, 2009
                      loro wrote:
                      > Forgot this may be of interests to others than myself... it was
                      > confirmed this is a bug and Eric said it will be fixed in the next
                      > program update.
                      >
                      > Lotta

                      In the meantime I quess we just do aomething like
                      ^!Replace "$" >> "_" RWAS
                      select and Cut or Delete the last two columns, and then do
                      ^!Replace "_$" >> "" RWAS