Re: [Clip] Linux advise

  • Piotr Bienkowski
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
      John Fitzsimons wrote:
      > On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:14:57 -0500, Robin & Blaine wrote:
      >

      >> I'm going to dump Microsoft and switch to Linux. I'd like to keep
      >> NoteTab and tidy. Would anyone have an idea which build of Linux works
      >> best ...

      You might try running NTP through WINE or Crossover Office. The first
      one is free, the other one is a commercial emulator for running Windows
      software on Linux.

      HTH

      Piotr

      > Best for doing what ? That is like asking which is the best car, best
      > flower, best food etc.
      >
      > This link should help you....
      >
      > http://distrowatch.com/
      >
      > and/or
      >
      > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DOS-Win-to-Linux-HOWTO.html
      >

      >> please tell me I can keep NoteTab and all of it's wonderful
      >> features.
      >>

      > Is there a Linux version ? I doubt it. If there isn't however you
      > should be able to run it under Wine.
      >

      > Regards, John.

    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
        I am copying this also to the NoteTab Linux list which started over a year ago.

        My distro of choice is Ubuntu and NTB works fine in Wine (not so fine in Crossover when last I tried).

        If you want to explore the variety of Linux distros, here's a good summary:

        http://www.linux.com/distributions/

        Welcome to a REAL operating system!!

        Sister

        > I'm going to dump Microsoft and switch to Linux. I'd
        > like to keep
        > NoteTab and tidy. Would anyone have an idea which build of
        > Linux works
        > best ... please tell me I can keep NoteTab and all of
        > it's wonderful
        > features.

      • Robin & Blaine
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
          Thanks. That's what I needed. Good advise. I now know were to start
          looking and I'll take a look at the Linux group.
          Thanks again.