OT was Re: [Clip] Linux advise

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2008
      CC'd this also to ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com (ntb-offtopic yahoogroups
      list) Please, if anyone reply to this post, verify that your reply only goes
      to ntb-offtopic and *not* to here/clips.

      On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Robin & Blaine <lighthouse101@...>wrote:

      [ Linux curious . . . ]

      Notetab runs in wine on Linux

      I run Slackware 12.1 (but, though Slack *is* popular amongst a certain
      crowd, this distro is not everyone's choice of distro). The appeal: huge
      community support; simple and easy; many programmers contributions as
      sizeable portion of said community; lends itself well to customization; I
      have *full* control (over the what where how of what's on my sys [apps,
      etc.] and how it's configured).

      con: simple and easy [roll up your sleeves, edit some config files manually
      with an editor] and ditto with customization and ditto with my *full*
      control. (sometimes [though likely niot often, if at all] the auto-config
      thingy in other distro not always does perfect -- but it does do it their
      way.

      I have Win 2K SP4 runs in the Qemu virtual machine on top of Slackware
      (Slack is the host, Win 2K is the guest OS -- Notetab works superbly in said
      Win 2K (Win 2K is Win 2K whether it is on real hardware or on virtualized
      [software container that emulates/fakes] hardware.

      I've recently now an Intel dual core with Slack 12.1 on it -- next is to try
      Win XP in some of the virtual that target this CPU such as Xen, KVM kernel
      virtual machine -- oop, perhaps I already goofed as maybe the [for dual core
      Intel optimization] virtual layer goes onto the HD first and then/next on
      with the operating systems.

      It's so much fun to run two operating systems simultaneously on one hardware
      box . . .
      --
      Alan.