Re: [Clip] Linux advise

  • John Fitzsimons
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
      On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:14:57 -0500, Robin & Blaine wrote:

      >I'm going to dump Microsoft and switch to Linux. I'd like to keep
      >NoteTab and tidy. Would anyone have an idea which build of Linux works
      >best ...

      Best for doing what ? That is like asking which is the best car, best
      flower, best food etc.

      This link should help you....

      http://distrowatch.com/

      and/or

      http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DOS-Win-to-Linux-HOWTO.html

      >please tell me I can keep NoteTab and all of it's wonderful
      >features.

      Is there a Linux version ? I doubt it. If there isn't however you
      should be able to run it under Wine.

      Regards, John.
    • Piotr Bienkowski
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
        John Fitzsimons wrote:
        > On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:14:57 -0500, Robin & Blaine wrote:
        >

        >> I'm going to dump Microsoft and switch to Linux. I'd like to keep
        >> NoteTab and tidy. Would anyone have an idea which build of Linux works
        >> best ...

        You might try running NTP through WINE or Crossover Office. The first
        one is free, the other one is a commercial emulator for running Windows
        software on Linux.

        HTH

        Piotr

        > Best for doing what ? That is like asking which is the best car, best
        > flower, best food etc.
        >
        > This link should help you....
        >
        > http://distrowatch.com/
        >
        > and/or
        >
        > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DOS-Win-to-Linux-HOWTO.html
        >

        >> please tell me I can keep NoteTab and all of it's wonderful
        >> features.
        >>

        > Is there a Linux version ? I doubt it. If there isn't however you
        > should be able to run it under Wine.
        >

        > Regards, John.

      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
          I am copying this also to the NoteTab Linux list which started over a year ago.

          My distro of choice is Ubuntu and NTB works fine in Wine (not so fine in Crossover when last I tried).

          If you want to explore the variety of Linux distros, here's a good summary:

          http://www.linux.com/distributions/

          Welcome to a REAL operating system!!

          Sister

          > I'm going to dump Microsoft and switch to Linux. I'd
          > like to keep
          > NoteTab and tidy. Would anyone have an idea which build of
          > Linux works
          > best ... please tell me I can keep NoteTab and all of
          > it's wonderful
          > features.

        • Robin & Blaine
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
            Thanks. That's what I needed. Good advise. I now know were to start
            looking and I'll take a look at the Linux group.
            Thanks again.