anybody have examples of using ^$IsLowercase("Str")$

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2008
      I want to see if a variable (array variable actually) is lower case and
      if yes, then capitalize it and if not, skip it and go to the next one
      etc in a loop

      I'm not totally sure how to use:
      ^$IsLowercase("Str")$

      Anybody have examples of it being used in a bit of a clip?
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2008
        Hi Don,

        ^!Set %Var%=^?[Test this string=]
        ^!IfFalse ^$IsLowercase("^%Var%")$ NOTLOWER ELSE LOWER
        :LOWER
        ^!Info ^%Var% is lowercase
        ^!GoTo END
        :NOTLOWER
        ^!Info ^%Var% is not lowercase

        Hope this helps,

        Hugo

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2008
          Hi Don,

          ^$StrCapitalize("Str")$

          If it's always a one word string you are working with, that would capitalize
          (1st letter of word cap'd? -- I think so) whether or not the string was
          already cap'd

          IOW insures cap'd, no need to check first. | Alan.

          On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Don - HtmlFixIt.com <don@...>wrote:

          > I want to see if a variable (array variable actually) is lower case and
          > if yes, then capitalize it and if not, skip it and go to the next one
          > etc in a loop
          >
          > I'm not totally sure how to use:
          > ^$IsLowercase("Str")$
          >
          > Anybody have examples of it being used in a bit of a clip?

        • loro
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 18, 2008
            Alan C wrote:
            >IOW insures cap'd, no need to check first. | Alan.

            That's how I thought at first. But maybe it's only all lower case
            strings Don wants capitalized. The ones that aren't lowercase maybe
            aren't capitalized and should stay the way they are.

            Lotta
          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 18, 2008
              loro wrote:
              > Alan C wrote:
              >> IOW insures cap'd, no need to check first. | Alan.
              >
              > That's how I thought at first. But maybe it's only all lower case
              > strings Don wants capitalized. The ones that aren't lowercase maybe
              > aren't capitalized and should stay the way they are.
              >
              > Lotta

              Correct, if there is a capital anywhere in the string I don't want it
              capitalized.

              :ProcessKeywords
              ^!If "^%Caps%" = "leave" BuildDescription
              ^!Set %countkeywords%="1"
              ^!SetListDelimiter ,
              ^!SetArray %CapsKeywords%=^%Keywords%

              :CapKeywords
              ^!If "^$IsLowercase("^%CapsKeywords^%countkeywords%%")$" = "0" SKIP_3
              ^!Set
              %CapsKeywords^%countkeywords%%=^$StrCapitalize("^%CapsKeywords^%countkeywords%%")$
              ^!Set %Keywords%="^%CapsKeywords%"

              ^!If "^%countkeywords%" = "^%CapsKeywords0%" BuildDescription
              ^!Inc %countkeywords%
              ^!Goto CapKeywords