Seek "new horizon" on/for ^$GetClipName$ ie *not* "currently interpreted clip"

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2008
      IOW break out of the limit of only the "currently interpreted" clip

      BTW this was the thread entitled "write in header"

      Yes, I started my virtual machine. Yes, Win 2K runs in it with NotePro 5.7.
      Linux runs too, as the host O.S.

      I tried Farclip and also running from the clip bar to no avail.

      Which is due to that the problem here is: ^$GetClipName$

      There may be a way to write to disk then swap it back out in order to
      achieve ->

      The desired task is to modify the next clip whereby the wanted outcome of
      all of this is to gain the ability to select nearly any clip in any clip
      library and then to get that particular clip's header written to or get that
      particular clip's header modified. (Maybe not possible?).

      H="RenameMe_2b"
      ^!Set %curr_clip%=^$GetClipName$
      ; use only 1 of the next 2 for where your clb
      ; ^!Set %curr_lib%=^$GetLibraryPath$^$GetLibraryName$.clb
      ^!Set %curr_lib%=^$GetLibraryUserPath$^$GetLibraryName$.clb
      ^!Set %curr_doc%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!IfFileExist ^%curr_lib% Skip
      ^!Goto err_lib_not_found
      ^!Open ^%curr_lib%
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Replace "(^%curr_clip%)" >> "$0 ^$GetDate(mmddyy-hhmmss)$" R
      ^!Jump SELECT_START

      ^!Set %1dateSTR%="\d\d\d\d\d\d-\d\d\d\d\d\d"
      ^!Find "^%1dateSTR% ^%1dateSTR%" RS
      ^!IfError Skip_2
      ^!Jump LINE_START
      ^!Replace "^%1dateSTR% (^%1dateSTR%)" >> "$0" RS

      ^!Goto end
      ^!Close save
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%curr_doc%

      ^!Info 1
      ^!Goto end
      :err_lib_not_found
      ^!Info ^%curr_lib%^%NL%**** Library not found ****
      ; end

      --
      Alan.

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2008
        Hi Alan,

        It seems your current clip renames itself, by appending the date.

        On that assumption:

        If I wanted to rename the clip currently open in the clip editor, I
        would use a clipBAR clip, which lets you edit in the clip editor, and
        use the clipBOOK's in-context menu and Keyboard commands to make the
        required changes.

        1. Make sure the "Show Header" option is on
        a. count the lines in the clip
        b. toggle Show Headers and count again
        c. If the first count was greater, toggle
        Show Headers again
        2. Jump to end of line 1, append the date
        (or edit the header in other ways)

        Here is the clip to show headers (run from clipbar):

        H="Edit Header"
        ^!SetFocus ClipBook
        ^!KeyboardDelay 10
        ^!Set %lines_before%=^$GetLineCount$
        :toggle header
        ^!Keyboard Shift+F10 SHIFT+o
        ^!If "^%lines_before%"<"^$GetLineCount$" SKIP
        ^!Keyboard Shift+F10 SHIFT+o

        Note: If Eric were to add the ability to READ every option that can be
        set by a clip or menu command, this Mickey Mouse approach would not be
        necessary.

        Now you can edit the header as line 1. No need to open the library as
        a document, nor search for the clip header.

        Cheers,

        Eb