[Clip] Unique Question

  • Clint Tredway
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 1999
      I have an idea for a clip but I am not sure that it is possible. Is there a
      way to have a clip look in a directory and then place the file name inside
      the clip book and then when you click on the file it opens in notetab?

      Thanks,

      Clint Tredway
      Internet Applications Developer
      SWS Technologies
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 10, 1999
        Hi Clint,

        > I have an idea for a clip but I am not sure that it is possible.
        > Is there a way to have a clip look in a directory and then place
        > the file name inside the clip book and then when you click on the
        > file it opens in notetab?

        Sure, I already have Clips that do things like that, but your
        question is a bit vague as far as how you want it done.

        Do you want to choose from a list of files in the directory to add
        certain files? Do you want the whole directory? Can the Clip be add
        directly below the Clip that you click on to do it or does it need
        to go elsewhere, even another Library? What do you want for the Clip
        Name: full path, ..\Folder\Filename.ext, Filename.ext, Filename,...?

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Clint Tredway
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 10, 1999
          What I am trying to do is simulate a file explorer. I would like to make a
          clip that when it opens I can choose a directory and then the clip grabs all
          the files in that directory so then all I have to do is click on the file
          name and the file opens in note tab. I hope this helps, and thanks for your
          help.

          > I have an idea for a clip but I am not sure that it is possible.
          > Is there a way to have a clip look in a directory and then place
          > the file name inside the clip book and then when you click on the
          > file it opens in notetab?

          Sure, I already have Clips that do things like that, but your
          question is a bit vague as far as how you want it done.

          Do you want to choose from a list of files in the directory to add
          certain files? Do you want the whole directory? Can the Clip be add
          directly below the Clip that you click on to do it or does it need
          to go elsewhere, even another Library? What do you want for the Clip
          Name: full path, ..\Folder\Filename.ext, Filename.ext, Filename,...?

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Clip List...
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

          -- Check out your eGroup's private Chat room
          -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ntb-clips&m=1
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
            Hi Clint,

            > What I am trying to do is simulate a file explorer. I would like
            > to make a clip that when it opens I can choose a directory and
            > then the clip grabs all the files in that directory so then all I
            > have to do is click on the file name and the file opens in note
            > tab.

            This will probably get too messed up to mess with, but I figured I'd
            give it a shot. I did not mark the long lines. One ^!Set line where
            the filename is added for the Clip header is 180+ lines, 124 of them
            just to make the first letter a capital - haha. You will have a
            Checkbox come up to check the boxes you want to get after you choose
            your options. The default is all the boxes checked, html & text, and
            sort by name. It is included in a Library I just uploaded with more
            directory Clips in it. You might also try out the Get name clips for
            a whole directory and do a Find & Replace to put then in Clipbook
            format.

            Directory Stuff works with all the files in a directory. The list
            below is the Clips that are in it. Keeps in mind that they work on
            the whole directory when looking over the list. Enjoy!

            Directory Stuff
            Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html#dirstuff

            Open Directory...
            Show/Focus Files
            Close
            Checkbox Multi-Open
            Checkbox Append
            AppendToFile
            Append Directory...
            ReName Case
            Change Link/Img Case
            Format Links
            HTML to Text (Dir)
            Make OpenFile.clb
            AllFileNames (Drive)

            Plus some WinZip tools at no extra charge. <g>

            <--- Copy below this line --->
            H=Make OpenFile.clb
            ; 11/11/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
            ; 11/11/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
            ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
            ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            ^!Continue Makes a list of files from a list you choose from to add to a Library to open in NoteTab formatted to .clb and ready to Add from clipboard. Makes a new doc with them also in case you would like to edit first. Options... Continue?

            ^!ClearVariables

            ^!Set %Path%=^?{(T=D)Directory &path}; %Ext%=^?{(H=10)File &Types, wildcards OK: *.txt or *.*htm*;*.txt=All Files^=*.*|Html Only^=*.*htm*|Text Only^=*.txt|_Html & Text^=*.*htm*;*.txt|Outline^=*.otl|Clipbook Library^=*.clb|Ini^=*.ini}; %us%=^?{&Check files automatically in file list=_Yes^=_|No^=}; %Sort%=^?{Sort by==_Name|Type|Date|Size}

            ; Gets the first filename in the folder
            ^!Set %Full%=^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;"^%Ext%";^%Sort%)$

            ; Gets the remaining files and appends them all to %Files%.
            ; The ^%us% is set in the first line and adds an underscore
            ; if you choose to have the boxes checked for you.
            :Loop1

            ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%Full%)$ DoArray
            ^!Append %Files%=^%us%^%Full%|
            ^!Set %Full%=^$GetFileNext$
            ^!Goto Loop1

            ; Uses the files from above and makes a checkbox.
            :DoArray

            ^!CloseFileFind
            ^!SetArray %EditList%=^?{(T=A;H=25)Pick which files you want to add=^%Files%}
            ^!Set %Count%=^%EditList0%
            ^!Set %Index%=0

            ; Makes list of files you checked and puts in NoteTab
            ; Clipbook open format. Uses filename for Header and
            ; capitalizes the first letter.
            :Loop2
            ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
            ^!Inc %Index%
            ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% Complete
            ^!Set %File%=H=^$StrUpper("^$StrCopy("^$GetName("^%EditList^%Index%%")$";1;1)$")$^$StrDelete("^$GetName("^%EditList^%Index%%")$";1;1)$^%nl%^!Open "^%EditList^%Index%%"^%nl%^%nl%^%nl%
            ^!Append %OpenList%=^%File%
            ^!Goto Loop2

            :Complete
            ^!SetClipboard ^%OpenList%
            ^!Toolbar Paste New
            ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "" SB
            ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";35)$http://www.sureword.com/notetab^$StrFill(" ";35)$~
            ^!Info [L]Your list of ^%Count% files is on the Clipboard. You can look at the hard copy to see if you would like to make any changes. Otherwise, right click over a Library where you want to add them and Choose "Add from Clipboard."^p^pVisit: http://www.sureword.com/notetab and get the whole Library (DirStuff) with many other directory type Clips in it.^p^pJody^pSojourner@...^p

            <--- Copy above this line, right --->
            <--- click over the Clipbook and --->
            <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

            c ya,
            jody

            I can only please one person a day.
            Today is obviously not your day.
            Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/
          • Larry Thomas
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
              Hi Clint,

              At 11:32 AM 11/10/1999 -0600, you wrote:
              >What I am trying to do is simulate a file explorer. I would like to make a
              >clip that when it opens I can choose a directory and then the clip grabs all
              >the files in that directory so then all I have to do is click on the file
              >name and the file opens in note tab. I hope this helps, and thanks for your
              >help.

              You can open and save to custom directories with out using clips. The
              Favorites menu provides for adding the pathname to favorites. When you do
              this the pathname alone with out a file name is added and when you click on
              it an open dialog is opened to that folder just as the open command opens a
              dialog to NoteTab's default folder. If you hold down the control key when
              selecting a folder from favorites, the folder is opened as a "Save As"
              dialog box with the file listed as C:\Pathname\File.ext and you can just
              save it or you can use a cursor key to go to edit mode and then backspace
              over the File.ext to the C:\Pathname\ and then type in another name
              "C:\Pathname\Newfile.ext". I have a favorites category named "Folders"
              that I use for this exclusively.

              Regards,

              Larry
              larryt@...
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
                Good Morning Larry,

                > You can open and save to custom directories with out using
                > clips. The Favorites menu provides for adding the pathname to
                > favorites.

                Very true!-) I normally don't use Favorites for that though,
                because I find it a bit slower *for me.* What I do have for my
                default is all my favorite folders to open in a Explorer window
                by just using the path ending in a backslash. The whole directory
                can be opened if you use *.* after the path (and Full names in
                Favoties menu under the General Tab so you know where *.* belongs
                to). If you Go to Favorites you can right click over any file
                and open the explorer Window too. ;)

                There's some nice Clips in DirStuff though Larry; you ought to
                give 'er a spin... after some more coffee though of course. ;)

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
                  Thanks for your help Jody, and you to Larry.

                  > You can open and save to custom directories with out using
                  > clips. The Favorites menu provides for adding the pathname to
                  > favorites.

                  Very true!-) I normally don't use Favorites for that though,
                  because I find it a bit slower *for me.* What I do have for my
                  default is all my favorite folders to open in a Explorer window
                  by just using the path ending in a backslash. The whole directory
                  can be opened if you use *.* after the path (and Full names in
                  Favoties menu under the General Tab so you know where *.* belongs
                  to). If you Go to Favorites you can right click over any file
                  and open the explorer Window too. ;)

                  There's some nice Clips in DirStuff though Larry; you ought to
                  give 'er a spin... after some more coffee though of course. ;)

                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                  The NoteTab Clip List...
                  mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

                  et the most popular downloads on the Web. They¹re new!
                  They¹re hot! They're FREE! Utilities, drivers, games.
                  It's all here. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1610

                  -- Create a poll/survey for your eGroup!
                  -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ntb-clips&m=1
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
                    Hi Clint & Larry,

                    >Thanks for your help Jody, and you to Larry.

                    You're welcome!-)

                    I forgot to mention that that Wayne's Cross Reference is a must
                    on the your Default Favorites!

                    Wayne's Cross Reference, a must get for the Clipper:
                    http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/notetab.html
                    http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/ntr460.zip