Re: [Clip] This may be a very stupid question...

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      Ed Wilson wrote:
      > I'm trying to transfer working clipbooks I've generated on my old system onto a new system and I can find no trace of them in the Libraries folder. Where should I be looking? I'm using NoteTab Light 5.7. Ed

      Geez Ed,

      What a stupid question -- just kidding. It's not stupid at all in fact
      as the new Notetab makes it a bit confusing.

      On a recent update (maybe a year or two ago) to 5.x it was decided that
      most machines need to save such things to a user directory. This is
      because many people don't have permissions in the programs directory
      where all such things were once stored.

      I believe you will find them in something like this location:
      C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\NoteTab Pro\Libraries

      What makes it a tad confusing is that there is also a directory called
      libraries here:
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries

      The latter will contain a whole bunch of standard libraries, but not
      YOUR libraries in most people's setup.

      Don
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        Hi
        try looking in your profile folder in XP under notetab.
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > I'm trying to transfer working clipbooks I've generated on my old system
        > onto a new system and I can find no trace of them in the Libraries folder.
        > Where should I be looking? I'm using NoteTab Light 5.7. Ed

      • Ed Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
          Thanks Dave. Found them. Ed

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
            "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
            > I believe you will find them in something like this location:
            > C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\NoteTab Pro\Libraries

            That's one of the reasons why I don't use eXPerimental and stick to
            Win98SE. But a general hint that applies to all other similar
            problems as well:
            .clb is not a common extension. So the quickest and easiest thing to
            do is use Windows' find (a nice tool, before coming to Windows I had
            written essentially the same thing myself for use on my Atari) and
            do a global search over all partitons.
            If you use Totalcommander you can easily look into all those files
            to check at one keystrroke, as ever with native Windows this gets
            alittle more involved.