This may be a very stupid question...

  • Ed Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      I'm trying to transfer working clipbooks I've generated on my old system onto a new system and I can find no trace of them in the Libraries folder. Where should I be looking? I'm using NoteTab Light 5.7. Ed
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        Ed Wilson wrote:
        > I'm trying to transfer working clipbooks I've generated on my old system onto a new system and I can find no trace of them in the Libraries folder. Where should I be looking? I'm using NoteTab Light 5.7. Ed

        Geez Ed,

        What a stupid question -- just kidding. It's not stupid at all in fact
        as the new Notetab makes it a bit confusing.

        On a recent update (maybe a year or two ago) to 5.x it was decided that
        most machines need to save such things to a user directory. This is
        because many people don't have permissions in the programs directory
        where all such things were once stored.

        I believe you will find them in something like this location:
        C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\NoteTab Pro\Libraries

        What makes it a tad confusing is that there is also a directory called
        libraries here:
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries

        The latter will contain a whole bunch of standard libraries, but not
        YOUR libraries in most people's setup.

        Don
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
          Hi
          try looking in your profile folder in XP under notetab.
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
            Thanks Dave. Found them. Ed

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
              "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
              > I believe you will find them in something like this location:
              > C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\NoteTab Pro\Libraries

              That's one of the reasons why I don't use eXPerimental and stick to
              Win98SE. But a general hint that applies to all other similar
              problems as well:
              .clb is not a common extension. So the quickest and easiest thing to
              do is use Windows' find (a nice tool, before coming to Windows I had
              written essentially the same thing myself for use on my Atari) and
              do a global search over all partitons.
              If you use Totalcommander you can easily look into all those files
              to check at one keystrroke, as ever with native Windows this gets
              alittle more involved.