Re: [Clip] Clip for getting lines containing

  • gunnisonbirder
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2008

      > gunnisonbirder wrote:
      > > \(?\) and \(.\) both worked fine.
      >
      > That's funny. Thickheaded dumbass that I am, I had misunderstood you
      > were looking for an actual question mark and not some letter in that
      > space. A question mark as placeholder is not a regex syntax I'm
      > aware of. Still, glad everything works now.
      >
      > Axel

      As it turned out \(?\) and \(.\) don't both "seek out" one letter.
      Since most of my lines were (one letter) both clips appeared to work.
      I accidentally had one line with (two letters).
      \(?\) returned one and two letters in the parentheses while
      \(.\) returns lines with only one letter in the parentheses (which is
      what I needed).

      Thanks again for all the help! I was able to look at all the examples
      and write two additional clips that reduced my working time even more.