help with DirStuff

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2008
      Jody is missed today. Nothing new there.

      I am using his DirStuff clipbook today. I encountered a minor error in
      one of the clips so I thought I would point it out for others.

      He has in this library a clip called Open Directory with Stats.

      It has this in a wizard:
      %Type%=^?{(H=10)File &Types, wildcards OK: *.txt or *.*htm*;*.txt=_All
      Files^=*.*|Html Only^=*.*htm*|Text Only^=*.txt|Html &
      Text^=*.*htm*;*.txt|Outline^=*.otl|Clipbook Library^=*.clb|Ini^=*.ini}

      A little while later it does this:
      ^!SetArray
      %OpenList%=^$GetFiles("^%Subs%^%Folder%";^%Type%;^%Attributes%;^%Rev%^%Sort%)$

      There is an error in that line because ^%Type% needs to be enclosed in
      double quotes to work properly if more than one file type is specified.
      I don't know if anyone is maintaining his clipbooks, but if so this
      should be updated. It may be in more than one clip in the library as well.

      From Help under GetFileFirst:
      FileSpecs can contain the standard wildcards * and ?, and you can
      specify several criteria separated by a semicolon (;). You must use
      double-quotes around the FileSpecs parameter if you specify several
      criteria.

      The FileSpecs are the same for GetFileFirst and GetFiles per the help.

      So corrected line 16 would be:
      ^!SetArray
      %OpenList%=^$GetFiles("^%Subs%^%Folder%";"^%Type%";^%Attributes%;^%Rev%^%Sort%)$

      I find it in line 13 in Open Directory - Basic
      Line 25 of files to outline
      Line 19 of checkboxfiles to otl
      Line 6 of Get File Attributes
      Line 12 of Change File Attributes
      It is already correct in Remove Read-Only Attribute Clip ... hmmm
      I think line 14 in Get DiskFile Lines needs it, but it uses a different
      variable.
      Line 12 of Count DiskFile Paragraphs
      Already corrected in Change Case ...

      I guess you can find the rest if you wish ...