Re: Not a bug but can drive you up a tree (OnClipboardChange)

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4 7:54 AM
      Thanks for the post Lotta,

      This explains a mystery I had encountered in the past, but could not
      duplicate.

      I guess if a clip is empty and you execute it on a selection,
      even automatically, it pastes over the selection --
      replacing the selection with nothing.

      I'd say this is NOT a bug.
      Nor do I wish for it to be changed.

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

      > OnClipboardChange clip that is either totally blank or have all code
      > lines commented out, Notetab will eat the text you try to copy. Be
      > aware. It's no fun!
    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4 8:40 AM
        ebbtidalflats wrote:
        >Thanks for the post Lotta,
        >
        >This explains a mystery I had encountered in the past, but could not
        >duplicate.

        I suspected I wasn't alone. :-)

        >I guess if a clip is empty and you execute it on a selection,
        >even automatically, it pastes over the selection --
        >replacing the selection with nothing.

        Yes, that seems to be what happens. But figuring that out wasn't painless.

        A dummy command goes at top of unfinished event clips after this.
        Other half done clips can be left as they are until inspiration
        returns, but I always comment out event clips to avoid nasty
        surprises. Duh! ;-o)

        Lotta