Re: [Clip] Not a bug but can drive you up a tree (OnClipboardChange)

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
      loro wrote:
      > I'm posting this in case someone else is haunted by the same "bug".
      > Well, maybe it really is a bug, but not with what I thought.
      >
      > Lately it has happened from time to time that when I intend to copy
      > text, it's cut instead. Only happens in Notetab. Doesn't matter how I
      > do it, keyboard, menu, context menu. Usually things are back to
      > normal after a while. But today it really stuck. Restarted Notetab,
      > rebooted... it was still there.
      >
      > I've been doing this all day and at last I realized what caused it. I
      > had a library open with an OnClipboardChange clip that was commented out.
      >
      > To get to the point, if you have a library open with an
      > OnClipboardChange clip that is either totally blank or have all code
      > lines commented out, Notetab will eat the text you try to copy. Be
      > aware. It's no fun!
      >
      > Lotta

      Lotta,

      I get the same result, blank or all lines commented out selected text is
      cut. One working line, setting a variable, ie, interrupts the text cut.

      ºvº SL_247 created_2008.09.03_08.45.41

      Rules guys wish girls knew...
      • Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.
      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
        Thanks for the post Lotta,

        This explains a mystery I had encountered in the past, but could not
        duplicate.

        I guess if a clip is empty and you execute it on a selection,
        even automatically, it pastes over the selection --
        replacing the selection with nothing.

        I'd say this is NOT a bug.
        Nor do I wish for it to be changed.

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

        > OnClipboardChange clip that is either totally blank or have all code
        > lines commented out, Notetab will eat the text you try to copy. Be
        > aware. It's no fun!
      • loro
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
          ebbtidalflats wrote:
          >Thanks for the post Lotta,
          >
          >This explains a mystery I had encountered in the past, but could not
          >duplicate.

          I suspected I wasn't alone. :-)

          >I guess if a clip is empty and you execute it on a selection,
          >even automatically, it pastes over the selection --
          >replacing the selection with nothing.

          Yes, that seems to be what happens. But figuring that out wasn't painless.

          A dummy command goes at top of unfinished event clips after this.
          Other half done clips can be left as they are until inspiration
          returns, but I always comment out event clips to avoid nasty
          surprises. Duh! ;-o)

          Lotta