Not a bug but can drive you up a tree (OnClipboardChange)

  • loro
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
      I'm posting this in case someone else is haunted by the same "bug".
      Well, maybe it really is a bug, but not with what I thought.

      Lately it has happened from time to time that when I intend to copy
      text, it's cut instead. Only happens in Notetab. Doesn't matter how I
      do it, keyboard, menu, context menu. Usually things are back to
      normal after a while. But today it really stuck. Restarted Notetab,
      rebooted... it was still there.

      I've been doing this all day and at last I realized what caused it. I
      had a library open with an OnClipboardChange clip that was commented out.

      To get to the point, if you have a library open with an
      OnClipboardChange clip that is either totally blank or have all code
      lines commented out, Notetab will eat the text you try to copy. Be
      aware. It's no fun!

      Lotta
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
        loro wrote:
        > I'm posting this in case someone else is haunted by the same "bug".
        > Well, maybe it really is a bug, but not with what I thought.
        >
        > Lately it has happened from time to time that when I intend to copy
        > text, it's cut instead. Only happens in Notetab. Doesn't matter how I
        > do it, keyboard, menu, context menu. Usually things are back to
        > normal after a while. But today it really stuck. Restarted Notetab,
        > rebooted... it was still there.
        >
        > I've been doing this all day and at last I realized what caused it. I
        > had a library open with an OnClipboardChange clip that was commented out.
        >
        > To get to the point, if you have a library open with an
        > OnClipboardChange clip that is either totally blank or have all code
        > lines commented out, Notetab will eat the text you try to copy. Be
        > aware. It's no fun!
        >
        > Lotta

        Lotta,

        I get the same result, blank or all lines commented out selected text is
        cut. One working line, setting a variable, ie, interrupts the text cut.

        ºvº SL_247 created_2008.09.03_08.45.41

        Rules guys wish girls knew...
        • Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.
        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
          Thanks for the post Lotta,

          This explains a mystery I had encountered in the past, but could not
          duplicate.

          I guess if a clip is empty and you execute it on a selection,
          even automatically, it pastes over the selection --
          replacing the selection with nothing.

          I'd say this is NOT a bug.
          Nor do I wish for it to be changed.

          Cheers,

          Eb

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

          > OnClipboardChange clip that is either totally blank or have all code
          > lines commented out, Notetab will eat the text you try to copy. Be
          > aware. It's no fun!
        • loro
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
            ebbtidalflats wrote:
            >Thanks for the post Lotta,
            >
            >This explains a mystery I had encountered in the past, but could not
            >duplicate.

            I suspected I wasn't alone. :-)

            >I guess if a clip is empty and you execute it on a selection,
            >even automatically, it pastes over the selection --
            >replacing the selection with nothing.

            Yes, that seems to be what happens. But figuring that out wasn't painless.

            A dummy command goes at top of unfinished event clips after this.
            Other half done clips can be left as they are until inspiration
            returns, but I always comment out event clips to avoid nasty
            surprises. Duh! ;-o)

            Lotta