Re: [Clip] Recursive question

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 21, 2008
      Whenever I run into the need for a long prompt, or need more than two
      choices, I use a LIST wizard as part of a goto command.
      This allows for multiple prompt lines.

      ^!Goto ^?{Pick your desired poison==The first prompt^=LABEL|Second
      prompt^=LABEL@|...}

      Still not enough prompting? You can add a wizard title, and a wizard
      label.

      With all these options you can have ONE to THREE common prompts (Wiz
      title, Wiz label, and the inline prompt for the list)

      PLUS one separate prompt line for each possible choice (each item in
      the list).

      One drawback of using the wizard is, that the user must select in two
      steps (select a choice, press enter or click OK). Half a solution for
      the problem is to set a default, for example:
      "_Default choice prompt^=DEFAULT_LABEL"

      Now the user only needs to click OK to select the default.

      Cheers

      Eb