Re: [Clip] CD/disc filename retreaval.

    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 16, 2008
      Jeff Scism wrote:
      > Does any one have a NTB clip that refiles Music files
      > by Artist - Title.ext?

      That's something only you can do yourself. You can cobble something
      together based on directories and filenames and there is software
      around to evaluate ID3 tags and rename and resort files accordingly.
      But, and it's a big but, if you can rely on those tags being
      correct, then in all probability your files are sorted already.

      When I wrote a program almost exactly like Windows' find (if
      ynything they stole it from me) many years ago I wrote a brother
      program to evaluate the list and give me all occurrences of files
      with the same name.

      It is possible that clips are up to the task, their power astonishes
      me time and again, but a real programming language would be the
      better choice IMHO.

      Axel
    • Stan Blazejewski
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 16, 2008
        On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:52:17 +0200, you wrote:

        I know it's been a while (been away & other higher priority things) but I'd just
        like to say thanks for all the suggestions.

        I've now got a clip that does exactly what I want.

        Basically it starts with a loop of '^$GetDosOutput(TREE D:\ /F /A)$' until I
        have all the CD's appended & then a number of 'search & destroy' loops to get
        rid of erroneous data & to trim down the fat (all the extra spaces etc), a bunch
        of '^!Replace "' commands.

        Thanks again.

        www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)