[Clip] regular expression q

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 1999
      I've got a text file with each line numbered from 1 through 23 as follows:

      Line 1:
      Line 2:
      etc
      Line 23:

      I want to remove all of this.
      Using S&R with regular expression ticked and click 'replace all' with the
      following:

      Line [0-23]:
      *sometimes* removes the first three and *sometimes* does nothing

      Line [0-9]:
      takes away only 5 of them - 1 through 4 and 8

      I'm cornfused.

      I know I've read that regexp is a bit off in NoteTab since I'm also rather
      ignorant re: regexp I won't assume this is Notetab's goof. Yet.

      Thanks,
      --Michael Gerholdt